Not sending keystrokes?!

Theres a game I play called gunbound. The process name of it is called gunbound.gme. Anyways, Im tying to send keystrokes to the game but whenever I do, it doesn't work! There is some protection system ( I think) stopping it. Is there a solution? or should I use a different program?

• Moderators

I noticed a while back you were playing with assembly, were you not able to do it with that?

Had you tried straight DLLCall() / SendMessage/PostMessage?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

okay, this was from Lary in the first site

$ret = DLLCall("user32.dll","long","PostMessage","hwnd",$hWnd,"int",$msg1,"int",$i,"int",$coord)
  If $ret[0] = 0 Then Return 0

Im not to big into DLL's but seeing how it shows 'PostMessage' it has to do with something that Im trying to do right?

GunBound uses a program called GameGuard that inserts its own code into the DLLs to prevent users from doing exactly what you're trying to do right now. Basically, as long as the game has input focus, it is impossible to send mouse movements or keystrokes from anything other than the actual physical mouse and keyboard. Furthermore, you cannot disable GameGuard without a large expenditure of effort, because the game will kick you off if it doesn't receive periodic updates that let it know GG is still running.

From what little I understood of a post on another forum, it might be possible to overwrite the modified copy of the DLL in memory with the original data from the hard disk once the game has started up. Obviously this would require a tool that could directly alter the contents of your RAM, which is not something I would recommend in any situation unless you really know what you're doing.