Edit a GUI?

Guille

Hi all,

I'm not new on coding, my application is near to be finish but I just wanted to add a GUI, to make it easier for users.

BUT does it exist a tool to edit the GUI??? or the only way is to make it once and then, change it from code?

I looked it forum, FAQs and help files... and no way to find an EDITOR. just the very light "Create Gui Tool".

So plz don't flame me ... to much ^^

Thx.

Btw i know now AI since a week and i love it. Thx to developpers.

Edited by Guille

If you are using the latest beta version of AutoIt and the latest SciTe to go with it, look in the Tools menu and choose Koda FormDesigner. This will let you create, save, and load GUIs with many different options.

ok i understand, but you can "change" the gui from within the script. perhaps all these tools have made folks too dependent on them. consider trying to code from scratch, you'll learn much more !

While I would never suggest using a GUI builder for someone who had never coded one by hand, those who already know how will gain little by continuing to do so. GUI builder programs have the massive advantage of being able to see your interface as you are creating it, rather than making a small code change, running the script, exiting, making another change, running, exiting, making a change... this gets tiresome after a while, especially for GUIs with large numbers of controls. Edited by Sokko

@Sokko

yes you are correct ! my only point was that many simply ask for a tool without trying to resolve the problem at hand. no offence to tool creaters !

phil

Currently no, maybe the Koda design team will make a way to import au3 scripts that weren't made with Koda, but i doubt it

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.