Help description for "RegWrite", need to modify

shaggy

From helpfile:

RegWrite ( "keyname" [,"valuename", "type", value] )

When using RegWrite with REG_BINARY, and the value is 00 (or 00000000), the value must be in quotation marks "", else we have error. It happens, if value contains only "0" symbols.

help for RegWrite required correction

From helpfile:

When using RegWrite with REG_BINARY, and the value is 00 (or 00000000), the value must be in quotation marks "", else we have error. It happens, if value contains only "0" symbols.

Ahhh so you are saying it should look like this:

RegWrite ( "keyname" [,"valuename", "type", "value"] )

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Isnt they the same ?

No the value is in quotes in what I believe to be the corrected example. Meaning if you have a value that is not an integer then it wouldn't work to well.

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

From helpfile:

Helpfile Quote

Remarks

A registry key must start with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" ("HKLM") or "HKEY_USERS" ("HKU") or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" ("HKCU") or "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" ("HKCR") or "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG" ("HKCC").

AutoIt supports registry keys of type REG_BINARY, REG_SZ, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_EXPAND_SZ, and REG_DWORD.

To access the (Default) value use "" (a blank string) for the valuename.

When writing a REG_BINARY key use a string of hex characters, e.g. the REG_BINARY value of 01,a9,ff,77 can be written by using the string "01A9FF77".

If you knew about stripping the comma's, then how did you miss the remark on the string using quotes in the same line?

As for quote around value, the below is valid yet does not use quotes in the value parameter.

RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\TEST', "ValueName", "REG_SZ", 1)

Helpfile Quote

If you knew about stripping the comma's, then how did you miss the remark on the string using quotes in the same line?

As for quote around value, the below is valid yet does not use quotes in the value parameter.

RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\TEST', "ValueName", "REG_SZ", 1)
Yes, BUT

RegWrite("HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\IDBSvr","ThumbSizeX","REG_BINARY","78000000") WILL work,

RegWrite("HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\IDBSvr","ThumbSizeX","REG_BINARY",78000000) WILL work,

and

RegWrite("HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\PlugIns\IDE_ACDStd\JPEG","UseEmbeddedThumbnails","REG_BINARY",00) will NOT work

RegWrite("HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\PlugIns\IDE_ACDStd\JPEG","UseEmbeddedThumbnails","REG_BINARY","00") WILL work

I think, it must be in help.

When writing a REG_BINARY key use a string of hex characters, e.g. the REG_BINARY value of 01,a9,ff,77 can be written by using the string "01A9FF77".

I think, it must be in help.

Helpfile states using a string for REG_BINARY. Strings do need quotes around them. :o