Saving on a particular drive

Hi again,

I would like to open a text file, put some data on it and then save it to a specified drive on the machine. Say for example the C drive.

When I open notepad and use the AutoIT to send CTRL+S command the save as dialouge box appears. The problem is how do I set the desired file path?

please have a look on the screen shot below:

Send('c:\myfile.txt {ENTER}')

also look at ControlSend in the helpfile

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

any reason why this:

Send ("^+s")

is not working. When the notepad is open sending this key wont work for some reason?! when this should bring up the save as dialogue box up

Wouldn't it be just

Send ("^s")
This code sends CTRL S and your code send CTRL SHIFT S

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

I too, am wondering how this can be done.

Send('c:\myfile.txt {ENTER}')

doesnt work.

Worked for me!

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /beta /AU3Check /in "C:\Documents and Settings\-------\My Documents\Scripts\AutoIT\RedBrick-ME\Beta\001\RBME.AU3"

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

>AU3Check Ended. No Error(s).

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.797

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()