Handy little tray app

GEOSoft

Here is a script that is actually a component of one of my other apps but you may find it helpful. It saves me having to keep looking through the script to see what I actually named a string (or Control) and what params are required for a function call. If you make any modifications to it would you please post them or send them to me.

Don't worry about the line that refers to *.au4 files. That's just something I do because of my multi- installs of AutoIt

It Has to be compiled so that the refresh will work. If you need the compiled version I will provide it.

Edited by GEOSoft

Code removed because of line wrap and file uploaded instead.

Once it is loaded in the system tray you right click the icon to gain access.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It doesnt work for me :o

It's been working fine for abot 3 months for me. Did you compile it and what happens when you try to run it? Even uncompiled it should work for a few minutes but it would error out as soon as it tried to refresh which happens when @Hour ends in 0. If you still have no luck let me know and I will ZIP it and post it up here. It could be a line wrap problem on the origional message code.

Edit

OK I have removed the code from the origional message and uploaded the ZIP file instead. It included the script and the compiled version.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

BUT it didnt work before and are there a au4 file out yet?

It didn't work before because of line wrapping in the posted code hence the file upload instead.

as for the au4 files.......

From the origional post

Don't worry about the line that refers to *.au4 files. That's just something I do because of my multi- installs of AutoIt

The uploaded file also includes a short help file so you know how to use it.

George

@rambo: omg he said that was because his autoit-multiinstall

you can change the au4 to au3 i suppose

Yes to all!! You can even write a script with the txt extension and as long as Autoit recognizes the code it runs. Just open Autoit (or the compiler) and choose File Type (Any *.*)

I have 3 installs of AutoIt 3 running on this machine so to make it easy for myself I have an au4 template (and associated registry entries) which tells any of scripts to Run/Compile using the BETA version if it is an au4 file. Personally I think that Jon should be putting the betas out as AutoIt4 (separate install) so that they do not interfere with the stable release version of AutoIt3.

Glad you like the app. I find it handy in a very long script where I don't want to mispell a string name that was used 1000 lines above where I am working or I don't want to keep scrolling through the script to find the exact name of a function as well as the params required to call it. It just makes it easier on my old brain (yes I remember when the Rocky Mountains were still flatland :o ).

George