Some beginner questions

bucky002

Hey, I just started making my own scripts and have made a couple, but need some help with some things.

Is it possible to make a script that can open your internet browser(Firefox, I.E., etc.) and log you in to your email address?

I tried with my firefox, but when I typed in Run("Mozzila Firefox") saved and closed it, it didn't work so I checked the properties to make sure I typed in the right thing.

Last question, can I make my own icons for when I make something?

I tried, but it said something like "not a correct ico file".

Edited by bucky002

• Moderators

Hey, I just started making my own scripts and have made a couple, but need some help with some things.

Is it possible to make a script that can open your internet browser(Firefox, I.E., etc.) and log you in to your email address?

I tried with my firefox, but when I typed in Run("Mozzila Firefox") saved and closed it, it didn't work so I checked the properties to make sure I typed in the right thing.

Last question, can I make my own icons for when I make something?

I tried, but it said something like "not a correct ico file".

For the first question, have a look at Dale Holmes UDF IE.au3 (not going to use firefox here), but should help you along your way. It's in the Scripts and Scrapts forum.

If you download a program from download.com called Resource Hacker and put that in your Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\CompileAU3 , you can compile with options when you click on the Compile option in SciTe editor. This is the easier way to do it if your new to scripting.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I still get the error about the icon, am I doing something wrong?

I'm also getting an error with the udf IE.au3.

You'll need Beta for Dales IE.au3 (you can run the script in my signature for it).

If you installed the Resource Hacker in the Compile.au3 folder within SciTe then you should have no problems when you open SciTe, open your script, go to tools, go to compile (or just press Ctrl+F7), you'll see an input box that says Icon:, try to find the icon on your computer, then press ok once you've found it.

To be honest, I don't even think you need Resource Hacker for this. I just have never not had it.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.