E-Mail checker

sheck

Not sure how useful this will be for most peope. I created this because I use several computers at work and don't want to create new e-mail accounts on each of them. Checking e-mail through web-mail all the time is a pain in the ass. So I created this. It will tell you how many messages in each account, so when new messages arrive then I can go and check webmail.

Anyways, here it is. You need Beta to use it.

email.au3

Edit: Fixed some errors.

Update: version 1.2 is now available - tested it for a few weeks, everything should be working perfectly. Updating errors fixed.

Edited by sheckandar
Live and Learn, 'cause Knowledge is Super Power.

Interesting.

Some suggestions: Maybe you could save the mail count also to the accounts.ini file and check the next time around to see if it had incremented before throwing an alert.

Are you sure you want to keep a file called accounts.ini around with plain text account details and password for easy retrieval? Even the janitor could be curious to see a file like that and be tempted to experiment. Consider putting it in the registry, where the email account details are stored anyway but a little more know-how to extract them is needed.

Interesting.

Some suggestions: Maybe you could save the mail count also to the accounts.ini file and check the next time around to see if it had incremented before throwing an alert.

Are you sure you want to keep a file called accounts.ini around with plain text account details and password for easy retrieval? Even the janitor could be curious to see a file like that and be tempted to experiment. Consider putting it in the registry, where the email account details are stored anyway but a little more know-how to extract them is needed.

I use this app at work and don't have Admin Rights thus cannot write to the registry. As for security : you can use diff algorithms and encription methods. I would like to see a janitor who can hack encription though.

I'm sure that if a janitor can hack encryption he will be able to find your settings in registry as well.

This is a good Idea. I'll work on it.

I use this app at work and don't have Admin Rights thus cannot write to the registry. As for security : you can use diff algorithms and encription methods. I would like to see a janitor who can hack encription though.

I'm sure that if a janitor can hack encryption he will be able to find your settings in registry as well.

Sorry, didn't see references to encryption in the original code. If the janitor is cracking encryption then I would be offering them a promotion to the security department. :o

Why check and not send :o i need the last one , maby can you explain me how then can i make it

If the email that your using has a smtp server then you can use that to send. If it doesn't require TLS\SSL to connect to the server then you can use this program to send email.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=148460

If it doesn't have a smtp server, like free hotmail, then you need to write it, because i have yet to find a send webmail script here. If you do decide to do it, look into some IE udf's

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13398

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19368

Good Luck!

Why check and not send :o i need the last one , maby can you explain me how then can i make it

Search the forums. There are lots of them on how to send e-mail. The reason I didn't make one is because I have no use for it. I can send e-mail from work using one SMTP, but I just don't want to create POP accounts every time I use a diff comp. With this app I can save the account info on server and run it from any comp. It's just a lot easier then importing accounts all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy !

really amazing work !

how did you do to know the command to send to the pop server ?

i want to retrieve my mails with our domino server (SSL v2)

it works to connect, but it blocks with the send command

i don't know what to send to the server for it to work

if you have any ideas ...

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

hey guy !

really amazing work !

how did you do to know the command to send to the pop server ?

i want to retrieve my mails with our domino server (SSL v2)

it works to connect, but it blocks with the send command

i don't know what to send to the server for it to work

if you have any ideas ...

Is this addressed to me or to mikeytown2 ?

Download updated version now.

The new version will tell you how many new messages you have since the app started and display the total messages in your Inbox as well. Several errors fixed. :o

Edited by sheckandar

• 1 year later...

i am a little confused!

lets says if i want to use it with google, how would the setting would be?

Account Name: "User@gmail.com"

Account Server: "What Goes Here?"

User Name: "User"

Password: "Password"

i am a little confused!

lets says if i want to use it with google, how would the setting would be?

Account Name: "User@gmail.com"

Account Server: "What Goes Here?"

User Name: "User"

Password: "Password"

The problem with GMAIL is that the port use for smtp server is not a standard port . In general port 25 and with GMAIL port 467

The problem with GMAIL is that the port use for smtp server is not a standard port . In general port 25 and with GMAIL port 467

so this script will not work with gmail?

if not then is there any script that works with gmail? all i want to do is to read my emails?

thankx for replying

• 4 months later...

As far as I know GMAIL uses ssl for connections. That would mean I have to work with openssl and certificates. Too much pain in the ass.

But I don't have GMAIL account, so I can't test it for sure.