Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your feedback. We understand better what the problem is now and please continue to work with 0.44.2 for the time being until we have fixed the problem you have reported.

It was exactly in that area where some changes were made, which created a problem with relative addressing of include files. This is planned to be fixed in the next version.

You was not alone, but most users do not have an extra relative folder in their include path.

Would it possible to make 0.44.2 available again - I've the same problem with 0.45?

Thanks,

Skippyg

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody!

I am playing arround Autoit Debugger to get an important application done.

No I am got stopped by Autoit macro @OSArch. The Debugger is ignoring tht macro. Does anyone kowabout that and has a solution for it?

Thanks

Greetings Andrew

Thanks! :bye:

Greetings

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Here is how to add a menu item to debug a script from within SciTE.

Add the following after the existing file menu definitions in the 'au3.properties' file in SciTE installation folder. Replace the '35' with whatever the next available number is.

# 35 Stumpii's Graphical Debugger
command.35.*.au3=$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"
command.name.35.$(file.patterns.au3)=Graphical Debugger

I tried it, but it doesn't show up in my menu. #35 does, but #36 doesn't. Here is what my entries look like:

# 35 Control Viewer
command.35.$(au3)="c:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Extras\CV.exe"
command.name.35.$(au3)=Control Viewer
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=2
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1
# 36 Stumpii's Graphical Debugger
command.36.*.au3=$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"
command.name.36.$(file.patterns.au3)=Graphical Debugger

This may be a stupid question, but...

I am trying to debug my app. I am using GUIExtender in my app. It takes forever for my app to actually appear on the screen because the debugger is processing GUIExtender. I don't care about debugging GUIExtender. It is working just fine. Is there any way to have the debugger ignore GUIExtender and just process my script?

I read the help file and I think this is actually a bug. I had followed the instructions here for putting UDFs in their own folder outside the AutoIt folder. When I run my script GUIExtender is processed. If I move it into the include folder (and the option to process the include folder is not checked), the debugger does not process GUIExtender.

Edited by robinsiebler

I tried it, but it doesn't show up in my menu. #35 does, but #36 doesn't. Here is what my entries look like:

Change this:

command.36.*.au3=$(autoit3dir)AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

To this, and see if it works.

command.36.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Nope! It still doesn't show up.

If I change

to

command.name.36.$(au3)=Graphical Debugger

It shows up, but I don't know what that means, yet.

I also had to change

command.36.*.au3=$(autoit3dir)AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

to point to the actual path ("C:Program FilesAutoIt3AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe") or it complained about not finding 'AutoIT'. I'm guessing the space in the path choked it.

Edited by robinsiebler

Bug - When you click on Help|Visit Forum, it takes you to http://thefoolonthehill.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1, which is a spamfest. Why not bring it to this topic?

Question - I installed Portable AutoIt (http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/code/autoit-portable/). How do I get the debugger to work with than configuration? I just keep getting a mscorlib unhandled exception.

New Version ? 0.45.1 ?

No info for changes and no linked on website?

I changed the number in url and downloaded v0.45.1

In "About Autoit Debugger" I see Version 0.45.1.0

AutoIt_Debugger_Setup_v0.45.0.exe Size 2,19 MB

AutoIt_Debugger_Setup_v0.45.1.exe Version 0.45.1 Size 4,98 MB

http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/drupal/sites/default/files/WebFM/admin/files/AutoIt_Debugger/AutoIt_Debugger_Setup_v0.45.1.exe

Regards Autolaser

• 1 month later...

This page http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/drupal/AutoIt%20Debugger show this link

Help:

Online help is available here.

on this help:

Introduction / Wat's New:

Rev 0.45.1 - 12 Nov 11

Added: Program Trace window extended with automatic expand/collapse in Trace Back

Changed: Updated error handler

Changed: Online help completely revised.

Link: http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/Help/AutoItDebugger/AutoItDebuggerHelp.html

Fixed: Keyboard shortcut assignments corrected. Keys affected are Esc, Ctrl+F8, Ctrl+F7, F7

See online help Keyboard Shortcuts for complete overview.

Link: http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/Help/AutoItDebugger/AutoItDebuggerHelp.html?KeyboardShortcuts.html

Fixed: ConsoleWrite - Additional blank line removed.

Fixed: Relative addressing of include file not recognized - Thanks Christopher

Fixed: New Test Script.au3 program for validating the installation

Fixed: Au3Info and MacroGenerator tools no longer cause the debugger to wait until they finish.

Changed: Tied in most windows to the help file.

Fixed: Problem debugging with full path #includes.

Fixed: Swapping of '/' to '' in #includes.

Added: Full path display in Includes window.

Added: Right click > Open, opens Include file in Includes window.

Rev 0.45.0 - 23 Oct 11

Thanks go to BodoWitcha for this release.

Changed: Major changes to the trace feature of the program.

Added: Trace can be scrolled through to show how the program executed.

Fixed: Crash when script file saved in Program Files folder

Fixed: #include with capital chars not recognized. Thanks Saitoh183.

Marco

Edited by MarcoMomo

In the help file of AutoIT Debugger, the description for integration with SciTE is not operationnel on my standard installation

Win7 / SciTE 2.28 / AutoIt 3.3.8.1 / AutoIt Debugger 0.45.1.0

If you are a same problem:

replace the line

command.35.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

by this line

command.35.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

on my config, this change of path corrects integration in SciTE (open the current file from SciTE to AutoIt Debugger):

My code is:

$in = '["1230A1+4560B3B","Inspect door, install knob, replace hinge",False,$K99P2],_'
$vec = StringSplit($in,",")
local $vec2[ubound($vec)]
$i = 0
$j = 0
$saved = ""
For $i = 1 to ubound($vec)-1

I have a breakpoint on for line.

In Watch, $vec[1] shows as ["1230A1+4560B3B . It should be ["1230A1+4560B3B" i.e. the last character is mssing.

This is also the case for $vec[4]

Thank you for the Debugger! It is a signifcant advance!

...chris

BTW I tried to report this problem through the Debugger, but The Fool on the Hill forum complained, inter alia, that my email address is too short.

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

• 3 months later...

In v. 0.45.1.0, the Step Over button is missing from the ribbon. It was there in a previous release. It is still in a screenshot in the Help.

I didn't find its shortcut in keyboard shortcuts.

Ransacking my memory, I think it is Shift_F8 or Alt_F8. Both seem to work.

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

In v. 0.45.1.0, the Step Over button is missing from the ribbon. It was there in a previous release. It is still in a screenshot in the Help.

I didn't find its shortcut in keyboard shortcuts.

Ransacking my memory, I think it is Shift_F8 or Alt_F8. Both seem to work.

Step Over never worked. There is no way to determine what the next line to be executed, so I had to remove it.

Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

In the help file of AutoIT Debugger, the description for integration with SciTE is not operationnel on my standard installation

Win7 / SciTE 2.28 / AutoIt 3.3.8.1 / AutoIt Debugger 0.45.1.0

If you are a same problem:

replace the line

command.35.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

by this line

command.35.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)..AutoIt DebuggerAutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"

on my config, this change of path corrects integration in SciTE (open the current file from SciTE to AutoIt Debugger):

I would think that it would need to match the folder you used to install the debugger. If you installed in the AutoIt3 folder, or in the SciTE folder. Is this not the case? I don't use SciTE, so I don't have much experience with these settings.

Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

My code is:

$in = '["1230A1+4560B3B","Inspect door, install knob, replace hinge",False,$K99P2],_'
$vec = StringSplit($in,",")
local $vec2[ubound($vec)]
$i = 0
$j = 0
$saved = ""
For $i = 1 to ubound($vec)-1

I have a breakpoint on for line.

In Watch, $vec[1] shows as ["1230A1+4560B3B . It should be ["1230A1+4560B3B" i.e. the last character is mssing.

This is also the case for $vec[4]

Thank you for the Debugger! It is a signifcant advance!

...chris

BTW I tried to report this problem through the Debugger, but The Fool on the Hill forum complained, inter alia, that my email address is too short.

Thanks. This will be fixed in the next version.

Stumpii

Bug - When you click on Help|Visit Forum, it takes you to http://thefoolonthehill.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1, which is a spamfest. Why not bring it to this topic?

Question - I installed Portable AutoIt (http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/code/autoit-portable/). How do I get the debugger to work with than configuration? I just keep getting a mscorlib unhandled exception.

I have cleaned out the spam. The problem with this site is that there is only one thread for the debugger. On my site, each issue/question is a separate thread.

I am thinking about creating a paf (http://portableapps.com/) version of the debugger. The computer will still need .Net of course. In the options, there is already a portable mode that stores the user preferences in the application folder.

Stumpii

Edited by Stumpii

Here is the first new issue of the debugger for a long time!

Features:

• Automatic updates.
  • COM operation replaced with Windows messaging (script no longer closes when program finishes).
  • Output window, showing Console output.
  • Automatic program tracing.
  • Toggle between Release and Debug AutoIt.
  • Script editing using ScintillaNET editor (looks and feels the same as SciTE).
  • Single step debug through your script and #include files.
  • Debug script in compiled (exe) or script (au3) form.
  • View and modify variable values while your program is running. Allows you to test all parts of you program.
  • Breakpoints (toggled by clicking on the line number). Breakpoints are stored between sessions.
  • Scripts can be debugged by right clicking on the au3 file, running the debugger from the Start>Programs menu, from UltraEdit/UEStudio by using AutoIt4UE, or from within SciTE with this mod.
  • Portable version (just install and select 'Portable' instead of 'Full').
  • Automatic Context Check option.
  • Access to 3rd party tools (Context Check, Koda, open in SciTE, Run script, Compile script, Tidy, Code Wizard).
  • Easy switch between Release and Beta AutoIt.
  • Syntax highlighting in either SciTE, or Visual Studio style.
Upcoming features (don't hold your breath though!):

• Detection of changes in the script and prompt to automatically reload
  • Variable breakpoints (stop if x>1, or @error=1)
  • Variable value tooltips in the code window
  • Some method of jumping back in the script to an earlier line without restarting. Don't really know if this is possible without the GOTO command.
  • Some sort of variable value popup window to allow long strings to be viewed
  • Run to Cursor option in code window
Here is link to a web page for the program: Autoit Debugger

awesome tool ~~~

Issue#1.
It is opened automatically the "AutoIt Debugger" popup window when typing in my country language.(Korean Language)

nu0f.jpg

Issue #2.
I saved to UTF8 my script on SciTE editor (file > encoding > UTF8 with BOM)
It is broken all non-english characters  when open my script above
It seems to be NOT supported  UTF8 encoding.

vqiw.jpg

thank you.
Edited by COBAY

awesome tool ~~~

Issue#1.

It is opened automatically the "AutoIt Debugger" popup window when typing in my country language.(Korean Language)

nu0f.jpg

Issue #2.

I saved to UTF8 my script on SciTE editor (file > encoding > UTF8 with BOM)

It is broken all non-english characters  when open my script above

It seems to be NOT supported  UTF8 encoding.

vqiw.jpg

thank you.

Can you email the error report for #1 so I can see what the error is. Does it just occur when typing, or copy-and-pasting? If copy and paste, then can you send me some sample that I can paste in to investigate.

For #2, can you send me a sample script so that I can look into it.

Thanks, Stumpii