Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

Yeah, seems like this program is no longer in development, and all download links no longer work, though the page is still there describing the app.

Too bad, too; this would have been a nice addition to AutoIt. Oh well.

My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!

• 1 month later...

The version on the website updated from .7 to .8, but the download link dosnt work.

v0.7 is the latest. I may have accidentally put v0.8 (in dev) up and taken it down! All the links appear to be working ok. I will take a look and see if I can increase the frequency of releases. At the very least, I can roll everything up into one install file now.

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error when I try to open any script including the Test one:

Error -2147024770. In routine 'Class_Initialize'.

Automation error

The specified module could not be found.

The window title is AutoIt Debugger Wrapper. I noticed someone earlier in this thread had a similar problem that he fixed by installing the GUI package, but I already did that. Any idea what's going on?

Edited by ChiDragon

I get this error when I try to open any script including the Test one:

The window title is AutoIt Debugger Wrapper. I noticed someone earlier in this thread had a similar problem that he fixed by installing the GUI package, but I already did that. Any idea what's going on?

The wrapper is installed as part of the main package, not the GUI package. Try uninstalling the main package and installing again. Do you have admin priviledges on the computer, or is it locked down by IT etc?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling them both multiple times and in different orders. :whistle: I see the Wrapper DLL in the directory, and I am admin.

A silly question, but you do have .Net v2 installed don't you? The 'Class_Initialize' routine just creates an instance of the debugger GUI. It would only give an error if it was not registered correctly.

Hi !

I got an error with that script (other few scripts I tried work ok)

Im running the last beta.

$i = 999
$wlst = winList( "My Documents" )
$i = 666
msgbox(0,"s", $wlst[0][0])

It crashed when transferring $wlst

so winlist found few windows

$wlst[0][0] = 2

the Autoit Error popup said

Line 128(File " ... _AutoIt Debugger Incude.au3)

$oDebugWrapper.SendVariable($Variable & "[" & $iDimXIndex &"][" &$iDimYIndex &"]", ......

^ERROR

Error : The requested action with this object has failed .

Edited by JoeCool

Hi !

I got an error with that script (other few scripts I tried work ok)

Im running the last beta.

$i = 999
$wlst = winList( "My Documents" )
$i = 666
msgbox(0,"s", $wlst[0][0])

It crashed when transferring $wlst

so winlist found few windows

$wlst[0][0] = 2

the Autoit Error popup said

Line 128(File " ... _AutoIt Debugger Incude.au3)

$oDebugWrapper.SendVariable($Variable & "[" & $iDimXIndex &"][" &$iDimYIndex &"]", ......

^ERROR

Error : The requested action with this object has failed .

It is because it is trying to send HWnd values in an array which is not being handled very well. I can see a work around, but it will take me a little time to implement it.

It is because it is trying to send HWnd values in an array which is not being handled very well. I can see a work around, but it will take me a little time to implement it.

:-)

Hi sorry for that !

If it can take sometime ( days weeks ) can it be possible to offer a way to not debugging a line or a variable.

We will still be able to trace everything else but we will not update variable for that line.

Maybe somethink like

$i = 1

#$whnd = winlist( )

$i +=1

Where # could a special caracter wichh your interpreter will just execute the line without updating that variable...

Hi sorry for that !

If it can take sometime ( days weeks ) can it be possible to offer a way to not debugging a line or a variable.

We will still be able to trace everything else but we will not update variable for that line.

Maybe somethink like

$i = 1

#$whnd = winlist( )

$i +=1

Where # could a special caracter wichh your interpreter will just execute the line without updating that variable...

I will try and get a new version up tonight. I have the fix in place, but need to make the distribution package etc.

I will try and get a new version up tonight. I have the fix in place, but need to make the distribution package etc.

I have decided to not release a new version as I have other changes in the works. I have attached the file au3 file that had the problem. It should be copied over the top of the existing one. The default location for the file is 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger'.

Note that if you have not seen the problem identified by JoeCool, you do not need the new file.

_AutoIt_Debugger_Include.au3

Edited by Stumpii

I have decided to not release a new version as I have other changes in the works. I have attached the file au3 file that had the problem. It should be copied over the top of the existing one. The default location for the file is 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger'.

Note that if you have not seen the problem identified by JoeCool, you do not need the new file.

_AutoIt_Debugger_Include.au3

Hey ! Thanks alot ! :-)

Yep, .NET Framework 2.0 shows up in Add/Remove Programs and other .NET programs run fine if I'm not mistaken (I can't think of one I've got installed to test ATM).

Sorry, I not know what to tell you. It appears that the GUI object is not registering properly. Unfortunately I do not know of a manual way to do it as the setup package sets a bunch of registry stuff as well as registering the control. Its not as easy as with regsvr32 for ActiveX controls.

The debugger assumes you have a beta folder for your autoit3.exe, I just extract the beta files over the stable ones instead of making a new folder

EDIT: it would also be nice if it didnt auto exit when script is finished

The debugger only exists once you click the OK to cancel button. The debugger GUI is still active until that time, so you can check the variables after the program has finished. The message is from the debug script, not the GUI.

I have placed a new version (v0.8.0) of the AutoIt Debugger on my site (refer to post #1).

New features include:

1. Skipping of comments and blank lines.

2. Single installer (replace the previous two install packages).

3. Trace window.

If you have an old version installed, please uninstall both programs that formed the previous versions.

EDIT: Added program version.

Edited by Stumpii

Here is how to add a menu item to debug a script from within SciTE.

Add the following after the existing file menu definitions in the 'au3.properties' file in SciTE installation folder. Replace the '35' with whatever the next available number is.

# 35 Stumpii's Graphical Debugger
command.35.*.au3=$(autoit3dir)\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe "$(FilePath)"
command.name.35.$(file.patterns.au3)=Graphical Debugger