Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

Very nice this tool, but I found a bug. Try this code:

Func BugFunc( $Parameter = @ScriptDir )
    Return 1
EndFunc

BugFunc( )

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

Very nice this tool, but I found a bug. Try this code:

Func BugFunc( $Parameter = @ScriptDir )
    Return 1
EndFunc

BugFunc( )

That is unfortunate, but understandable.

Because the program does not modify the original script and the debug script can run from the Windows Temp directory, when the debug script is created, @ScriptDir and other script name/folder macros are replaced with variable holding the value that the original script would have. This allows the debug script to run as if it were the original script.

The line 'Func BugFunc( $Parameter = @ScriptDir )' is converted to 'Func BugFunc( $Parameter = $ScriptDir )' or similar which is illegal and generates the error.

I don't see an easy way around this, so my only suggestion is that you try remove the @... macro from the function. Not ideal, but it should work.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I have placed a new version (v0.9.0) of the AutoIt Debugger on my site (refer to post #1).

New features include:

1. Removed the wrapper dll, so the program starts quicker and runs a little faster.

3. Added menu and toolbar command 'Restart Debug File' which will close the current debugger and run the program again from the start. This is useful when you have gone past a part of the and want to start again.

4. Added menu and toolbar command 'Compile & Restart Debug File' which will close the current debugger, regenerate the debug script file and run the program from the start. This is useful when you have found an error in the original code, fixed it and want to test the change.

5. Debug script creator program now appears centre screen, not off to the side.

6. Added new code window with basic syntax highlighting.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I have placed a new version (v0.9.0) of the AutoIt Debugger on my site (refer to post #1).

New features include:

1. Removed the wrapper dll, so the program starts quicker and runs a little faster.

3. Added menu and toolbar command 'Restart Debug File' which will close the current debugger and run the program again from the start. This is useful when you have gone past a part of the and want to start again.

4. Added menu and toolbar command 'Compile & Restart Debug File' which will close the current debugger, regenerate the debug script file and run the program from the start. This is useful when you have found an error in the original code, fixed it and want to test the change.

5. Debug script creator program now appears centre screen, not off to the side.

6. Added new code window with basic syntax highlighting.

never knew it went 1 , 3 , 4 :whistle:

I get the following error with v. 0.90:

Line 0 (File "C:\programmi\Autoit Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe"

$includeFile = $aIncludeRegEx[0]

$includeFile = $aIncludeRegEx^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

Please let me know if I can provide further details.

I get the following error with v. 0.90:

Line 0 (File "C:\programmi\Autoit Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe"

$includeFile = $aIncludeRegEx[0]

$includeFile = $aIncludeRegEx^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

Please let me know if I can provide further details.

That bit of the code is related to extracting #include files for processing. I have tried debugging files with and without #includes and I cannot generate the error.

Could you answer the following questions to help me narrow down where the problem is

1. Have you tried debugging the 'Test Script.au3' file located in the install folder. If not, try it and see if you get an error.

2. Have you manually recompiled the file 'AutoIt Debugger.exe'? If so, what version of AutoIt are you using?

3. Are you using #includes in your program?

4. Can you post the #include parts of you program so I can see if you are doing anything strange.

Thanks!

That bit of the code is related to extracting #include files for processing. I have tried debugging files with and without #includes and I cannot generate the error.

Could you answer the following questions to help me narrow down where the problem is

1. Have you tried debugging the 'Test Script.au3' file located in the install folder. If not, try it and see if you get an error.

2. Have you manually recompiled the file 'AutoIt Debugger.exe'? If so, what version of AutoIt are you using?

3. Are you using #includes in your program?

4. Can you post the #include parts of you program so I can see if you are doing anything strange.

Thanks!

1. debug of 'Test Script.au3' is OK.

2. No recompilation of the file 'AutoIt Debugger.exe'. BTW, I use the latest beta.

3. I use the following #include in my program:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#Include <GuiStatusBar.au3>

#Include <GuiListView.au3>

#include <GuiTreeView.au3>

#include <Misc.au3>

#include <Array.au3>

#include <file.au3>

#include <Date.au3>

#Include <sqlite.au3>

#Include <SQLite.dll.au3>

#include "Include\DirWalk.au3"

#include "Include\GuiHyperLink.au3"

#include "Include\GuiToolbar.au3"

#include "Include\Events.au3"

Note that the last 4 point to a subdir. I don't want to move them to the AutoIt Includes dir because they are personalized for my program.

4. Not enough free space for attachments. Send me a PM or email with your email address and I'll send you the program source code and Includes.

• 3 weeks later...

New version (v0.10.0) is available on the web site (refer to first post).

Changes:

1. Added debug enable/disable feature. Adding the line ';AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Disable_Debug' to disable debugging and the line ';AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Enable_Debug' to re-enable debugging. This is useful when debugging large files.

2. Fixed problem converting #Include files when used within #Include files. @gcriaco, this fixes the problem that you are experiencing.

Has this been discussed before? If so, my apologies.

I installed for the first time and tried to open a bunch of scripts that started with "#include <IE.au3>", indeed I tried to open a file that had that single line and in each case got a popup with the following:

Line 0  (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe"):

If (Not $bSkipLine) And (Not $bSkipBlock) And (Not $bUserSkipBlock) Then
If (Not $bSkipLine) And (Not $bSkipBlock) And (Not ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I installed for the first time and tried to open a bunch of scripts that started with "#include <IE.au3>", indeed I tried to open a file that had that single line and in each case got a popup with the following:

Dale

I get the same error with a simple test script of my own.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Dale

Oops. Have fixed the bug and uploaded a new version (v0.10.1). Link in the first post again.

Thanks, Stumpii

• 4 months later...

I have installed this on my work desktop and my home desktop without problems. But when I tried to install it on my laptop I got the following error dialog when I tried the test.au3 file in the debugger directory.

Posted Image

any ideas?

I have installed this on my work desktop and my home desktop without problems. But when I tried to install it on my laptop I got the following error dialog when I tried the test.au3 file in the debugger directory.

Posted Image

any ideas?

Do you have the latest version? I fixed that bug a while ago, so you should not see it in the current version.

Stumpii

Do you have the latest version? I fixed that bug a while ago, so you should not see it in the current version.

Stumpii

Lastest version of which program? autoit or the autoitdebugger. I *think* I have the most recent version of both. In in anycase I installed on my work and home desktop and on my laptop from the same files. Why would it work on two machines and not on the laptop. I am checking right now t and going to download both the most recent versions of scite,autoit and the autoit debugger just to insure that they are all the most recent. I really do think that they are.

Lastest version of which program? autoit or the autoitdebugger. I *think* I have the most recent version of both. In in anycase I installed on my work and home desktop and on my laptop from the same files. Why would it work on two machines and not on the laptop. I am checking right now t and going to download both the most recent versions of scite,autoit and the autoit debugger just to insure that they are all the most recent. I really do think that they are.

The newest version of the debugger has been setup to run the program associated with the 'Run' command for .au3 files. The old version ran the 'autoit3.exe' program in the beta folder. If you did not have the beta installed, you would get that error. Do you have problems running scripts when right clicking an au3 file and clicking 'Run'?

The newest version of the debugger has been setup to run the program associated with the 'Run' command for .au3 files. The old version ran the 'autoit3.exe' program in the beta folder. If you did not have the beta installed, you would get that error. Do you have problems running scripts when right clicking an au3 file and clicking 'Run'?

ok my fault Stumpii. I must have copied and old version from my flash drive to this laptop. I just downloaed and installed the version from the web site and did not ge the error

sorry for bothering you