Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

ok my fault Stumpii. I must have copied and old version from my flash drive to this laptop. I just downloaed and installed the version from the web site and did not ge the error

sorry for bothering you

No problem,

Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• 4 months later...

@Stumpii

I haven't been able to try out your debugger but the spec and screenshots are very impressive.

Can you tell me how, or if, it copes with AdlibEnable functions? Or other functions called by a timer say?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

@Stumpii

I haven't been able to try out your debugger but the spec and screenshots are very impressive.

Can you tell me how, or if, it copes with AdlibEnable functions? Or other functions called by a timer say?

I honestly can't remember. I would have to try it to find out.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I have posted this on Stumpii forum then I saw in the help he requested problems to be posted here. Sorry for the duplication.

I just installed AutoIt_Debugger_Setup_v0.11.0.exe

When I launched the program it uninstalled the prior version and then installed the new version. When I run the test script it produces a bunch of errors. The first window of errors that come up with the test script is:

Posted Image

The second window that comes up is:

Posted Image

Then there are many more error windows that come up.

I'm using AutoIt ver. 3.2.8.1 in XP Pro sp1 with .Net Framework v2.0 installed. I have run a repair of .Net Framework 2.0, Un-Installed the debugger and re-installed the debugger.

What could the problem be?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Edited by docfxit

I have posted this on Stumpii forum then I saw in the help he requested problems to be posted here. Sorry for the duplication.

When I launched the program it uninstalled the prior version and then installed the new version. When I run the test script it produces a bunch of errors. The first window of errors that come up with the test script is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm using AutoIt ver. 3.2.8.1 in XP Pro sp1 with .Net Framework v2.0 installed. I have run a repair of .Net Framework 2.0, Un-Installed the debugger and re-installed the debugger.

Thank you,

Docfxit

The fault is not yours, it is some problem I have found and has been reported with the Scintella NET control. The same install has been working for ages and has not changed, so I think that is may be some other Windows related problem. I have not been able to work out what it is yet.

The fault is not yours, it is some problem I have found and has been reported with the Scintella NET control. The same install has been working for ages and has not changed, so I think that is may be some other Windows related problem. I have not been able to work out what it is yet.

Maybe this will help: How to understand System.NullReferenceException, Object reference not set to an instance of an object

http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeffrey.palerm.../19/130956.aspx

Thank you,

Docfxit

Since I couldn't get ver. 0.11 running I un-installed it. Then I installed ver. 10.2. It's giving me an error when I try to run the Test Script.au3. The error says:

"The AutoIt Debugger was not successfully created. Debugging will stop."

Any ideas what could be wrong with the install. I didn't get any errors during the install.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Since I couldn't get ver. 0.11 running I un-installed it. Then I installed ver. 10.2. It's giving me an error when I try to run the Test Script.au3. The error says:

"The AutoIt Debugger was not successfully created. Debugging will stop."

Any ideas what could be wrong with the install. I didn't get any errors during the install.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Hmm, some problem with the registration. If you check the folder 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger', you will find a 'AutoIt_Debugger_GUI_v???_Setup.msi' file. This is the installer that registers the COM component that is causing the error. Try running this file and select repair. If this does not work, try uninstalling the old version and installing the new version and running that same file to try to uninstall it correctly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you,

Docfxit

Appears that copying Scilexer.dll from the installation folder to the Windows System32 folder fixes this. Give it a try and see.

After uninstalling ver. 0.11.0 through the start menu.

And

After installing ver. 0.10.2

Hmm, some problem with the registration. If you check the folder 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger', you will find a 'AutoIt_Debugger_GUI_v???_Setup.msi' file. This is the installer that registers the COM component that is causing the error. Try running this file

I ran the msi installer. I received the error saying "Unable to install because a newer version of this product is already installed."

and select repair.

It never got to the point to ask me for a repair.

If this does not work, try uninstalling the old version and installing the new version and running that same file to try to uninstall it correctly.

So I uninstalled ver. 0.10.2 and removed user settings.

Then I installed ver. 0.11.0.

Then I ran the msi selecting remove. The files weren't removed from C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger

Then I selected uninstall from the start menu. The files were removed from C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger

Then I installed ver. 0.10.2.

Then I ran the msi file and selected repair. It says it has been successfully installed.

I ran Test Script.au3. It ran with no errors but I don't think the result is correct.

It looks to me that :

For $iIndex = 1 To 3

$Int1 = $Int1 + $Int1

Next

should equal 400

When it goes through this:

Func TestFunc($Value)

$Value = $Value + 35

Return $Value / 2

EndFunc

It should be 435/2 = 217.5

The result it comes out with is 417.5

But I must be doing something wrong because AutoIt comes out with the same result without the debugger.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Appears that copying Scilexer.dll from the installation folder to the Windows System32 folder fixes this. Give it a try and see.

I have the same problem ....

But I can't find Scilexer.dll nowhere.

I'm using the stable version of autoit ...

Where can I find the previous version of the debugger ( I erased mine) :-/

:- )

Edited by JoeCool

I have the same problem ....

But I can't find Scilexer.dll nowhere.

I'm using the stable version of autoit ...

Where can I find the previous version of the debugger ( I erased mine) :-/

:- )

It appears that it is not part of the install, which may be part of the problem. The easiest way to get SciLexer is to install SciTE for AutoIt (SciTE). Try this before going back to the provious version (which I can provide if necessary).

Thanks,

Stumpii

QUOTE(Stumpii @ Sep 30 2007, 04:07 PM) *

I'd like to confirm that after copying Scilexer.dll from C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciLexer.dll to the Windows System32 folder ver. 0.11.0 is working.

Thank you,

Docfxit

I'm getting this error in the Debugger ver. 0.11.0.

Posted Image

I'm not getting the error in AutoIt.

This is the code I'm trying to debug.

#include <date.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiCombo.au3>

;Close windows with anything in the header you provide

$g_szVersion = "Rules"
$day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY )
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion)
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
Opt("TrayIconDebug",1)
HotKeySet("!^x", "ExitKill") ;Sets the hot key combination to Ctrl+Alt+X
Dim $on = 1 ;Variable says the program is running
Global $strTitle = "Untitled"
Dim $strApplication = "Application"
Dim $timeAllowed = 480000 ; enter milliseconds (e.g. 30 seconds = 30000 milliseconds)
Dim $timeElapsed = 0
Dim $timeStarted = 0
Dim $state = "Not running"
Global $timeAllowedHours = $timeallowed/3600000
Dim $var, $run, $AppList, $GetTimeAllowed
MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[0])
If $cmdline[0] = 2 Then
        MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[1])
        MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[2])
    $strTitle = execute($cmdline[1])
    $TimeAllowedHours = $cmdline[2]
Else
    $w = 575
    $h = 110
    GUICreate("Rules",$w,$h,@DesktopWidth/2 - $w/2,@DesktopHeight/2 - $h/2)
    $var = WinList()
    GUISetFont(12,500)
    $AppList = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("Choose the application to block (pull down list)", 10,10,550,50,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL)) ; create first item
    For $i = 1 to $var[0][0]
    ; Only display visble windows that have a title
    If $var[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($var[$i][1]) And $var[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" Then
        _GUICtrlComboAddString($AppList,$var[$i][0])
        ;MsgBox(0, "Details", "Title=" & $var[$i][0] & @LF & "Handle=" & $var[$i][1])
    EndIf
    Next
    GUISetFont(24,1)
    $lblHours = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Hours allowed:",10,60,250,30)
    $GetTimeAllowed = GUICtrlCreateInput("1",260,60,75,40)
    $updown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown($GetTimeAllowed)
    $Run = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run",480,60,80,40)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndIf

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $msg = $Run Or $cmdline[0] <> 0
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
            If $cmdline[0] = "" Then
                $strTitle = GUICtrlRead($AppList)
                $timeAllowedHours = GUICtrlRead($GetTimeAllowed)
            Else
                $strTitle = $cmdline[1]
            EndIf
                ;MsgBox(1,"$AppList",GUICtrlRead($AppList))
                ;MsgBox(1,"$GetTimeAllowed",GUICtrlRead($GetTimeAllowed))
            AdlibEnable("_resetStartTime",250)

Do  

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; get started
            Sleep(1000)
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed = 0 Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","2",1)
                $timeStarted = @hour + (@min/60)
                    ;MsgBox(1,"$timestarted",@HOUR + (@MIN/60),1)
                $timeElapsed = ((@hour + (@min/60)) + .0001) - $timeStarted
                $restart = 0
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
    ;;;;;;;;;;;; what to do while time hasn't run out
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed < $timeAllowedHours Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","3",1)
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; what to do when time runs out
                ;MsgBox(1,"Does WinTitle exist?",WinExists(execute($strTitle)) & "   :   " & $strTitle)
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed > $timeAllowedHours Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","5",1)
                    ToolTip($strApplication & ": " & $state & @CRLF & "Current time: " & @HOUR + (@MIN/60) & @CRLF & "Time started: " & $timestarted & @CRLF & "Minutes elapsed: " & $timeElapsed*60 &  @CRLF & "Minutes allowed: " & $timeAllowedHours*60 & @CRLF & "Minutes left: " & ($timeAllowedHours - $timeElapsed)*60 & @CRLF & "Day: " & $day,750,100,"Rules Warning")
                MsgBox(1,"Warning","Your " & $timeAllowedHours & " hours for using " & $strApplication & " has run out...",10)
                Sleep(3000)
                MsgBox(1,"End",$strApplication & " will now close.",5)
                WinClose($strTitle)
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
                ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","7",2)
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) Then
                $state = "Running"
            Else
                $state = "Not running"
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
                ToolTip($strApplication & ": " & $state & @CRLF & "Current time: " & @HOUR + (@MIN/60) & @CRLF & "Time started: " & $timestarted & @CRLF & "Minutes elapsed: " & $timeElapsed*60 &  @CRLF & "Minutes allowed: " & $timeAllowedHours*60 & @CRLF & "Minutes left: " & ($timeAllowedHours - $timeElapsed)*60 & @CRLF & "Day: " & $day,750,100,"Rules Warning")
            Sleep(4000)

If $day < _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) Then
                MsgBox(1,"_dateToDayValue(YMD)",_DateToDayValue(@YEAR,@MON,@MDAY))
                $timeElapsed = 0
            EndIf

Until $on = 0 ;Repeat this process until the program is turned off

ToolTip("")
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func ExitKill() ;When the hot key combination is pressed
    $on = 0 ;Turn the program off
EndFunc

Func _resetStartTime()
    If WinExists($strTitle) = 0 And $timeElapsed = 0 Then
            ToolTip($strTitle & ": " & $state & @CRLF & "Current time: " & @HOUR + (@MIN/60) & @CRLF & "Time started: " & $timestarted & @CRLF & "Minutes elapsed: " & $timeElapsed*60 &  @CRLF & "Minutes allowed: " & $timeAllowedHours*60 & @CRLF & "Minutes left: " & ($timeAllowedHours - $timeElapsed)*60 & @CRLF & "Day: " & $day,750,100,"Rules Warning")
            ;MsgBox(1,"Does WinTitle exist?",WinExists(execute($strTitle)) & "   :   " & $strTitle)
        WinWait($strTitle)
        $timeStarted = (@HOUR + (@MIN/60))
        $timeElapsed = .0001
    ElseIf WinExists($strTitle) = 0 And $timeElapsed <> 0 Then
            ToolTip($strTitle & ": " & $state & @CRLF & "Current time: " & @HOUR + (@MIN/60) & @CRLF & "Time started: " & $timestarted & @CRLF & "Minutes elapsed: " & $timeElapsed*60 &  @CRLF & "Minutes allowed: " & $timeAllowedHours*60 & @CRLF & "Minutes left: " & ($timeAllowedHours - $timeElapsed)*60 & @CRLF & "Day: " & $day,750,100,"Rules Warning")
        WinWait($strTitle)
        $timeStarted = (@HOUR + (@MIN/60)) - $timeElapsed
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf
EndFunc

Any Ideas why?

Thank you,

Docfxit

I'm getting this error in the Debugger ver. 0.11.0.

Posted Image

I'm not getting the error in AutoIt.

This is the code I'm trying to debug.

#include <date.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiCombo.au3>

;Close windows with anything in the header you provide

$g_szVersion = "Rules"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion)
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
Opt("TrayIconDebug",1)
HotKeySet("!^x", "ExitKill") ;Sets the hot key combination to Ctrl+Alt+X
Dim $on = 1 ;Variable says the program is running
Global $strTitle = "Untitled"
Dim $strApplication = "Application"
Dim $timeAllowed = 480000 ; enter milliseconds (e.g. 30 seconds = 30000 milliseconds)
Dim $timeElapsed = 0
Dim $timeStarted = 0
Dim $state = "Not running"
Global $timeAllowedHours = $timeallowed/3600000
Dim $var, $run, $AppList, $GetTimeAllowed
MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[0])
If $cmdline[0] = 2 Then
        MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[1])
        MsgBox(1,"Command line parameters?",$cmdline[2])
    $strTitle = execute($cmdline[1])
Else
    $w = 575
    $h = 110
    GUICreate("Rules",$w,$h,@DesktopWidth/2 - $w/2,@DesktopHeight/2 - $h/2)
    $var = WinList()
    GUISetFont(12,500)
    $AppList = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("Choose the application to block (pull down list)", 10,10,550,50,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL)) ; create first item
    For $i = 1 to $var[0][0]
    ; Only display visble windows that have a title
    If $var[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($var[$i][1]) And $var[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" Then
        _GUICtrlComboAddString($AppList,$var[$i][0])
        ;MsgBox(0, "Details", "Title=" & $var[$i][0] & @LF & "Handle=" & $var[$i][1])
    EndIf
    Next
    GUISetFont(24,1)
    $lblHours = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Hours allowed:",10,60,250,30)
    $GetTimeAllowed = GUICtrlCreateInput("1",260,60,75,40)
    $updown = GUICtrlCreateUpdown($GetTimeAllowed)
    $Run = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run",480,60,80,40)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndIf

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $msg = $Run Or $cmdline[0] <> 0
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
            If $cmdline[0] = "" Then
                $strTitle = GUICtrlRead($AppList)
                $timeAllowedHours = GUICtrlRead($GetTimeAllowed)
            Else
                $strTitle = $cmdline[1]
            EndIf
                ;MsgBox(1,"$AppList",GUICtrlRead($AppList))
                ;MsgBox(1,"$GetTimeAllowed",GUICtrlRead($GetTimeAllowed))
            AdlibEnable("_resetStartTime",250)

Do  

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; get started
            Sleep(1000)
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed = 0 Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","2",1)
                $timeStarted = @hour + (@min/60)
                    ;MsgBox(1,"$timestarted",@HOUR + (@MIN/60),1)
                $restart = 0
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
    ;;;;;;;;;;;; what to do while time hasn't run out
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed < $timeAllowedHours Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","3",1)
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; what to do when time runs out
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) And $day = _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) And $timeElapsed > $timeAllowedHours Then
                    ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","5",1)
                MsgBox(1,"Warning","Your " & $timeAllowedHours & " hours for using " & $strApplication & " has run out...",10)
                Sleep(3000)
                MsgBox(1,"End",$strApplication & " will now close.",5)
                WinClose($strTitle)
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
                ;MsgBox(1,"Got here","7",2)
            If WinExists(execute($strTitle)) Then
                $state = "Running"
            Else
                $state = "Not running"
            EndIf

Sleep(1000)
            Sleep(4000)

If $day < _DateToDayValue ( @Year, @Mon, @MDAY ) Then
                MsgBox(1,"_dateToDayValue(YMD)",_DateToDayValue(@YEAR,@MON,@MDAY))
                $timeElapsed = 0
            EndIf

Until $on = 0 ;Repeat this process until the program is turned off

ToolTip("")
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func ExitKill() ;When the hot key combination is pressed
    $on = 0 ;Turn the program off
EndFunc

Func _resetStartTime()
    If WinExists($strTitle) = 0 And $timeElapsed = 0 Then
        WinWait($strTitle)
        $timeStarted = (@HOUR + (@MIN/60))
        $timeElapsed = .0001
    ElseIf WinExists($strTitle) = 0 And $timeElapsed <> 0 Then
        WinWait($strTitle)
        $timeStarted = (@HOUR + (@MIN/60)) - $timeElapsed
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf
EndFunc

Any Ideas why?

Thank you,

Docfxit

AUtoIt v3.2.4 (May 2007) - IsBinaryString renamed to IsBinary.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

AUtoIt v3.2.4 (May 2007) - IsBinaryString renamed to IsBinary.

Thank you for the reply.

The Debugger is stopping on line "$var = WinList()"

Is that something that is interpreted in the Debugger?

I can't find IsBinaryString anywhere. I only see it in the error within the Debugger.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Thank you for the reply.

The Debugger is stopping on line "$var = WinList()"

Is that something that is interpreted in the Debugger?

I can't find IsBinaryString anywhere. I only see it in the error within the Debugger.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Here is an updated '_AutoIt Debugger Include.au3' that adjusts the debugger include for the IsBinaryString > IsBinary change.

Paste the file over the existing file in the installation folder (usually 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger').

_AutoIt_Debugger_Include.au3

This will be included with v0.12 whenever I get time to work on it.

Here is an updated '_AutoIt Debugger Include.au3' that adjusts the debugger include for the IsBinaryString > IsBinary change.

Paste the file over the existing file in the installation folder (usually 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger').

This will be included with v0.12 whenever I get time to work on it.

Thank you very much for updating that file.

The file that is in the folder is:

_AutoIt Debugger Include.au3

The file that you have here for downloading is named:

The original doesn't have an underscore between Debugger and Include & between AutoIt and Debugger.

This did fix the problem.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Edited by docfxit