Koda ver 1.5 uploaded

lookfar

Just uploaded new version 1.5 which fixed quite a few bugs as reported here.

As well as support for multi language ( written by lazycat), currently there is english and russian, you can add your own language by editing the supplied template.xml.

feel free to send us your language templates and we will include them.

you can also create an icon with your flag to visually represent your language in Options -> Language.

Have fun!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you install Koda over old release and have troubles with options dialog, please close Koda, delete fd.xml and reopen Koda again. This part of code was changed to better handling new configuration, so in current release this action should be performed one time.

For those who interesting in language creating: you have to download language "kit" here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/koda_language_kit.zip

It include all country icons, empty template and instruction.

@ YoseMite

Format '%c' invalid or incompatible with argument.

Where you got this error?

Great job.

Ever thought of writing an installer for this? I could write one with NSIS if you are interested.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Great job.

Ever thought of writing an installer for this? I could write one with NSIS if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer, It is very generous of you, however I don't think it's really needed do you?

It is a stand alone app that does not need any runtimes to install in any special place or registry entrys written

and it is already included in the Scite installer.

so users that have it installed with sctite can simply get updated version and unzip to the Koda folder under scite or place it anywhere else they wish on thier hdd, Or run it off usb stick.

Thanks for the offer, It is very generous of you, however I don't think it's really needed do you?

It is a stand alone app that does not need any runtimes to install in any special place or registry entrys written

and it is already included in the Scite installer.

so users that have it installed with sctite can simply get updated version and unzip to the Koda folder under scite or place it anywhere else they wish on thier hdd, Or run it off usb stick.

I didn't realise that it came with SciTe. I use UltraEdit instead, but have SciTe installed for the 'extras'. I probably have an old version that didn't come with Koda.

Thanks, Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Here's a Norwegian (bokmål) translation for Koda. I used Holger's

translation as a template, so a little thanks goes to him :o

I came over some bugs in the Win32-tab btw. The text of the tooltips

started one item too late, so "Progress" was called "Slider" and so on.

For some reason I couldn't reproduce it, so I'll do some more testing..

Edited by Helge

Koda has been updated to include all the strings/messages in language options now, such as:

" Form has been modified, save?" . To include these strings in your current already translated language.

1. highlight your language file

2. export template

3. edit the "messages"

replace the old lang_xxx.xml with the new lang_xxx.xml

Thanks to Holger for German, GioVit for Spanish, Helge for Norwegian Translations, Thanks Guys !

these have all been included in Koda distribution.

And here the updated German translation.

There are also some issues in the Win32-section:

- the first control (slider) has no function.

- then the following are started by silder, which has the button of the progressbar...and the Tab-button creates a listview - also the same with the tooltips

- the COM-button has also no function

Also the buttons for the "Something-changed-want-to-save?"-dialogs are only in english.

So long

Holger

lang_ger.xml

The tooltip-thing seems to be exactly what I experienced here the other day,

and what I mentioned (at least tried to, with very limited time) in one of my

previous posts in this topic.

Haven't been able to test it more, but I guess the problem occurs when you

change the language or something.. Gute Nacht !

And here the updated German translation.

There are also some issues in the Win32-section:

- the first control (slider) has no function.

- then the following are started by silder, which has the button of the progressbar...and the Tab-button creates a listview - also the same with the tooltips

- the COM-button has also no function

Also the buttons for the "Something-changed-want-to-save?"-dialogs are only in english.

So long

Holger

Seems like you've forgotten to update the language kit with the new

entries lookfar/lazycat. Updated Norwegian translation comming later today.

the lang_nor.xml prior to adding "messages" did not have :

<messages>
<askCloseModified>%s has been modified. Save Form before removing?</askCloseModified>
        <askCloseQuery>%s has been modified. Save Form?</askCloseQuery>
        <askAlreadyContains>Project already contains &quot;%s&quot; with the same name.</askAlreadyContains>
        <askFileExists>File &quot;%s&quot; already exists. Overwrite?</askFileExists>
        <errOpFailed>Operation failed!</errOpFailed>
        <strAssociated>Associated</strAssociated>
        <strNotAssociated>Not associated</strNotAssociated>
        <strObjInit>Initalizing...</strObjInit>
        <strObjCreatedOk>Object created successfully</strObjCreatedOk>
        <strObjCreatedErr>Error creating object!</strObjCreatedErr>
</message>

after you create a template.xml based on your existing language, all you really have to do is edit the above strings to your language, and rename template.xml to lang_nor.xml (or lang_xxx.xml)

the language_kit is useful when changing icon

The tooltip-thing seems to be exactly what I experienced here the other day,

and what I mentioned (at least tried to, with very limited time) in one of my

previous posts in this topic.

Haven't been able to test it more, but I guess the problem occurs when you

change the language or something.. Gute Nacht !

Thank you both for pointing this out. It was caused when changing languages only because there was actually two buttons on the Win32 tab that are not visible and things shifted over one place.

these are now removed and it seems to function as it should. (new build uploaded)

koda distribution is updated with your new language files.

Edited by lookfar

looking pretty good

Have noticed if create a control, then copy the control and paste, then drag the new control where wanted the drawing of the new control is skewed.

Keep up the good work

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I have noticed that when double clicking on a kxf file and then saving, Koda performs a save as function instead of a save function (prompts you where to save the file). The default place to save the file never seems to be where you opened it!

Great work though. Really useful prog.

I do not know if this is just happening on my copy but when I produce a script I get

#include <GUIConstants.au3

instead of

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

It used to be ok.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother