Koda ver 1.5 uploaded

lookfar

I do not know if this is just happening on my copy but when I produce a script I get

#include <GUIConstants.au3

instead of

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

It used to be ok.

You are correct, typo in code when intializing header, fixed and uploaded.

however you do not need to re-download, simply goto: Options->Header and Footer to modify and click apply...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tool keep up the good work. :o

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of requests:

1) Is it possible to change the title text of the Yes|No|Cancel dialog boxes from Warning, Confirm to something more descriptive in terms of what is happening (like Save Form, Overwrite). The reason being that some tools written to incorporate Koda in SciTe/Ultraedit cannot detect the text on these dialogs, so the only way to determine what is being asked of the user is through the title.

2) Is it possible to add an option to automatically generate the code and copy it to the clipboard/another predefined file when the program closes without any user input. Same reasoning as above.

Keep up the goo work!

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Czech language for Koda.

Here are some translation related errors in Koda which I discovered when I made this translation:

1) A component named %s already exists. -> isn't in XML

2) Picture Editor -> don't reflect translations in XML (maybe wrong form name in XML)

3) title of About window -> isn't in XML

4) Options/Codegen -> "Data separator char" -> isn't in XML

5) Options/Designer -> Grid X and Y has align to left (should be to right)

6) %s has been modified. Save Form? is in Dialog where Title, buttons are not translated

(Warning, Yes, No, Cancel)

--> use standard Win API MessageBox, so buttons will be in national language

--> include Message title to the translation list

also for other Messages: Confirm,..

version of Koda is 1.5.1

Thank you Zedna for continuous support, and for translation too :)

Now point to point:

1) A component named %s already exists. -> isn't in XML

Look like this string is standard Delphi message, so this can't be translated. Better if we catch situations when this message appears :mellow:

2) Picture Editor -> don't reflect translations in XML (maybe wrong form name in XML)

4) Options/Codegen -> "Data separator char" -> isn't in XML

Fixed.

3) title of About window -> isn't in XML

Yes, it isn't. I think this not pretty needed, but this is not prob to add this form too.

5) Options/Designer -> Grid X and Y has align to left (should be to right)

This can be changed, but will require custom component. Is this worth?

6) %s has been modified. Save Form? is in Dialog where Title, buttons are not translated

(Warning, Yes, No, Cancel)

--> use standard Win API MessageBox, so buttons will be in national language

--> include Message title to the translation list

Yes, I think is better to use MessageBox.

In Options dialog in tab General when push Apply button

so it's only little cosmetics bug.

This is not only cosmetic bug... This also cause wrong options written in the config. Finally fixed now.

Thank you Zedna for continuous support, and for translation too :)

Now point to point:

5) This can be changed, but will require custom component. Is this worth?

It's not so necessary. Only in Czech translation text was too long to fit in this label,

so I used only X and Y and there is ugly gap. You may look at it when you change language to Czech.

This is a WONDERFUL program! Thank you so much!

Question: when I generate code with Hints enabled, I get the following:

$txtCycles = GUICtrlCreateInput("9999", 80, 32, 97, 21);<--- textbox control
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "How many cycles do you want to perform?")

Shouldn't the "-1" in the GUICtrlSetTip() function be set to "$txtCycles" so it knows the controlID?

Thanks again for making my life easier with this tool! :)

/salute

[edit] Ah, OK. Guess I missed that in the docs. Thanks, Stumpi.

Edited by L00py

-1 means the last control created.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

-1 means the last control created.

That was the first thing I noticed from the code that Koda generates.

I would have thought that it would make more sense to provide the entire name rather than just -1. The main reson being that after laying out the controls, the order in which they were created may not necessarily be the order in which you want them created (for the tab ordering).

This leads one to cut and paste the code in ScITE to achieve the correct order. The line with the -1 may now reference a completely different control!

Of course, I'm really not at all familiar with programming via a nice IDE like this, so there may be a simpler way to do what I'm suggesting.

I would have thought that it would make more sense to provide the entire name rather than just -1. The main reson being that after laying out the controls, the order in which they were created may not necessarily be the order in which you want them created (for the tab ordering).

Still not sure why you need to reorder code, but option to generate variable can be added. The reason why this generates now in this way - less cluttering of code.

Only problem here with labels, because their code generates without variables by default. So, in this mode variables should be generated despite of "HaveVariable" option?

The tab order appears to be the creation order of the controls. I tried it with 2 buttons and a text box.

You dont appear to be able to specify the tab order in Koda. That would be a nice to have. Until then, if the tab order is not what you want, you will have to manually edit the code.

I would rather all labels have variables. It would be consistent with all the other controls. If you don't need, don't use the variable.

You dont appear to be able to specify the tab order in Koda.

Ahh, right, was confused with Tab control - my english again let me down. Internally IDE have this ability, but it's still not realized... I'll look if this can be revealed and used.

I would rather all labels have variables. It would be consistent with all the other controls.

This is question consistency vs cluttering... Most labels used only for text holding and not change in any way. Suppose it's possible to add option override this behaviour, but leave main idea as is.

Ahh, right, was confused with Tab control - my english again let me down. Internally IDE have this ability, but it's still not realized... I'll look if this can be revealed and used.

This is question consistency vs cluttering... Most labels used only for text holding and not change in any way. Suppose it's possible to add option override this behaviour, but leave main idea as is.

As I written in other thread:

Here is another one idea for new function:

- possibility to change TabOrder of controls (by this Taborder should be order of GUICtrlCreate... when code is generated)

So I also vote for finishing TabOrder funcionality.

I noticed that in XML already is property TabOrder with values,

so there is only missing:

- add TabOrder property into Object inspector

- generate code for controls in order defined by their TabOrder values

--

About labels:

My idea is add in Object inspector property GenerateVar for object with type label.

Implicit value for new controls should be from Options/LabelsGenerateCode.

When generating code reflect value of GenerateVar parameter of each label control.

It sure would be awesome if a future version of Koda could take AutoIt code for a gui and create a form that you could then edit... :) But this program is tip-top nonetheless!

Kodawrapper is about the closest to that at the moment http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=kodawrapper

:-/ still cant save, i saved it as another name besides aform1.kfx and when i open it up it still gives me errors about having sum same name or something

Try to close any form with name "AForm1" before opening your form. ATM you can't open form with same name as already opened form (I mean name you see in property inspector). This part hopefully will be changed for better handling.

so there is only missing:

- add TabOrder property into Object inspector

- generate code for controls in order defined by their TabOrder values

It's done, but need some testing, because this is big enough change in the code generator. I'm sent source to lookfar, waiting for his responce. Edited by Lazycat

New beta-version uploaded, get it http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.04.03.zip.

Changes since 1.5.0:

• Both IDE and Code Generator now TabOrder aware (need testing)
  • Fixed brocken images paths for controls
  • Controls, pasted from context menu now inserts precisely at mouse cursor
  • Various small fixes with localization
  • Various small bugfixes (as usually :))