Koda ver 1.5 uploaded

lookfar

New beta http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.05.11.zip. Mainly fixes for recently discovered bugs, but Picture Editor was changed too, now it allow to choose icon not only from ico files, but also from exe's, dll's and other libraries with multiple icons. No compatibility issues with this change I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I've download the new beta-version of Koda because I need to add tabs in a "tab control" and reorganize the order of the tab set. So, the TabOrder property is a good thing for that :)

Unfortunately, I've experienced problems. Or, maybe, I don't how to use these options properly !

When I select my Tab control (the one containing all tabs), and when I choose "TabOrder" in the menu, I can switch tabs between them, but there is now validation button. So I type 'return'.

When the code is generated, the last tab I add (that I'd like to be the 2nd out fo 5) is still in the fifth position...

Bug or missunderstanding ????

Thank you....

Hello,

I've download the new beta-version of Koda because I need to add tabs in a "tab control" and reorganize the order of the tab set. So, the TabOrder property is a good thing for that :)

Unfortunately, I've experienced problems. Or, maybe, I don't how to use these options properly !

When I select my Tab control (the one containing all tabs), and when I choose "TabOrder" in the menu, I can switch tabs between them, but there is now validation button. So I type 'return'.

When the code is generated, the last tab I add (that I'd like to be the 2nd out fo 5) is still in the fifth position...

Bug or missunderstanding ????

Thank you....

This is a bit misunderstanding, because difference between Delphi Page control and WinAPI Tab control. TabOrder set order of switching between controls by Tab pressing, not order of tab pages! For avoid misunderstanding in future I think I'll disable or better hide Taborder menu item when context menu opened above main tab control.

• 3 weeks later...

I find this tool defintely awesome :P .

Yet I have a litle problem for the project I'm working on :D .

I designed an UI so that depending on the OS language, texts of the ui are displayed in the same language. So texts of the ui are defined as variables.

With Koda, entries in the Caption field are automatialy surrounded by "" when the code is generated.

Did I miss something :D , or would it be possible for Koda to recognize when we're entering a variable in the caption field ?

With Koda, entries in the Caption field are automatialy surrounded by "" when the code is generated.

Did I miss something , or would it be possible for Koda to recognize when we're entering a variable in the caption field ?

In last beta you can enable "expand variable" mode in the options. After that you can use %var% in text and captions - they are will be expanded into $var in result code. Corresponding variable definition will be generated at beginning of code.

• 2 weeks later...

Polish language file (for Koda 1.5.1.6):

lang_pol.xml

monter.FM [font="Tahoma;"]Full programs:[/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"] LogOnOff - keeps alive user session, after set time it performs logoff (instead of locking [acronym="Personal Computer"]PC[/acronym], useful in some corporations working with [acronym="Active Directory"]AD[/acronym]).[/font] ČharCönvěr - character set converter. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]CDTray - automated opening/closing the [acronym="Compact Disc"]CD[/acronym] tray.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]Example scripts: [/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]RecentFolders - managing recently used folder list with combobox.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]AutoUpdater - periodic auto-checking, auto-updating and auto-relaunching newest script version.[/font] Changed host from monter.homeip.net to monter.homenet.org - replace address in my scripts to get back them to work.

Hi Lazycat.

For some time there wasn't any new versions of Koda, so I hope new Koda will follow after new release of AutoIt.

When it becomes I will update Czech language file for Koda then.

Don't know... I had no time last month (only couple small bugs was fixed), will on vacation next two weeks and after that probably some learning courses. So this is minimum month or so :P Maybe lookfar will find some time to prepare it to release, though he is very busy now.

But good news - some basic manual WIP (though it's english is nightmarish, this definitely need some proof), and hopefuly I'll done it on vacation.

Heh, the "beast number" post :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After instal latest version Scite and latest version of Koda (koda_2006.05.11.zip) over it

I have problem: After run fd.exe (from commandline without parametres) is error:

Invalid argument and then 3x AV error

It's tested on WINX SP2

EDIT: Solved :D

it was because I didn't deleted old fd.xml

after delete it Koda create new one and it's OK

Note: Maybe fd.xml should be included in new betas to avoid such problems

Edited by Zedna

@Zedna

Yes, this part of code with configuration file need to update, because fix it by deleting file is not nice thing, moreover, next Koda versions will keep some important data here. This file is recreating correctly when absent, but needed properties doesn't created when updating. Will try to update it be in next beta, that hopefuly come in next one-two week(s).

Finally, here the first version of Au3 -> Koda form converter. This convert not only Koda-generated forms, but also any other. In future this will be part of Koda (an import function), now this is standalone executable.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/Au3toKoda.zip

This is very early (alpha) version for testing, so expect bugs. Also in this version some limitations are present:

Only simple strings can be converted (no strings like "str1" & "str2" etc)

Don't work with TreeView items

Don't work with menus

Finally, here the first version of Au3 -> Koda form converter. This convert not only Koda-generated forms, but also any other. In future this will be part of Koda (an import function), now this is standalone executable.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/Au3toKoda.zip

This is very early (alpha) version for testing, so expect bugs. Also in this version some limitations are present:

Great Lazycat :D

Looks promissing

Here is piece of code (GUI part) from one of my projects:

After convert to KXF there is XML stream read error when opening this KXF

#NoTrayIcon
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

; == GUI generated with Koda ==);
$Form1 = GUICreate("PB8 - Inkrement", 489, 466, -1, -1) ;, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" EXE ", 16, 16, 175, 177)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Typ EXE|Verze", 25, 34, 154, 118)
GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 70)
GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 70)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Násl. Verze:", 31, 160, 67, 17, $SS_RIGHT)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("2.50.72.03", 103, 160, 73, 21)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup(" Adresář ", 208, 16, 265, 177)
$ListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Adresář|Knihoven|Souborů", 217, 34, 245, 118)
$Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Zobrazit", 296, 160, 75, 25)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Import", 16, 208, 75, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Deploy", 104, 208, 75, 25)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Import + Deploy", 192, 208, 91, 25)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("PATCH Maker", 384, 208, 83, 25)
GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DISABLE)
$List1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 16, 248, 457, 201, BitOR($WS_GROUP,$WS_BORDER,$WS_VSCROLL))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd

If you wish I can test it also on my other projects ...

Ups, this is because I tested it on new form reader/writer (old one was slow, have too many other flaws and will be finally replaced in next beta - I think two months of testing is enough).

Version with new reader (exe only):

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Lazycat/FD.zip

Of course, this can be modified to work with old reader, but I think this not worth, because it will be replaced anyway.

BTW, this will be great if you can test it on other real projects.

Edited by Lazycat

This will be long post - and many questions here :D

New beta is here: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/lookfar/koda_2006.07.23.zip

When I first tried to make advanced code generation, I'm sticked with lots of options, multiple headers/footers etc. This become overcomplicated. After thinking about balance between flexibilty and simplicity, I decided to change codegen into templates-based. Now code generation done on templates, where you put some special variables, that replaced with actual code, and your own code, that will retain untouched. Number of templates is unlimited, so you can have them for all cases.

Templates have %INCLUDES% var that doesn't have effect now. It's even need some includes manager and if yes, how it's can looks? Or it's enough to have few templates with different includes set? Any ideas?

In this version new form reader/writer enabled, so be careful: forms saved in this version will not open in previous without some changes.

About update GUI in existing code: current function is work good enough, but support only one form in script, becuse it's search script with the same name as form file. I think to extend this to support multiple forms. This will cause changing form format a bit to keep corresponding script name. So you can have something like:

myproject.au3

### Koda GUI section start ### Form: MainForm
$MainForm = GUICreate...
### Koda GUI section end   ### Form: MainForm

### Koda GUI section start ### Form: AnotherForm
$AnotherForm = GUICreate...
### Koda GUI section end   ### Form: AnotherForm

myproject_mainform.kxf (MainForm here)

myproject_another.kxf (AnotherForm here)

So you can open one or more forms, change them and update single script. Idea is mainly from KodaWrapper, you welcome to discuss and suggest.

About events. Now Koda can work in two modes - simple and advanced. In simple mode clicking on corresponding property open editor with only two options - yes and no. This is natural when generating loop code, because loop doesn't require event name. When generating event code will be used default event names based on control name.

In advanced mode editor allow select event name and use one event for few controls. So question: this scheme is ok, or will be better ideas? (Except full IDE with editing events code in editor - this is impossible now).

Help is basically ready, but it's english is terrible. If anyone can and want to proof it - this will be appreciated.

BTW, this will be great if you can test it on other real projects.

Au3toKoda

Here are some test results:

1) List index out of bounds (-1) (about_hyperlink.au3) KXF not created

2) Class TAListViewItem not found (azpro_verze.au3) when opening KXF

3) Could not convert variant of type (String) into type (Boolean) (Cerna.au3) when converting

4) A component named progressbar already exists. (del_old_upd.au3) when opening KXF

5) wrong nesting level of component in group box (email_zak.au3) in output KXF after open

6) List index out of bounds (-1) - when converting and no GUI or more then one GUI in AU3

7) label with $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE for statusbar - style lost (log_view.au3) in output KFX after open

AU3_SRC.ZIP

Edited by Zedna