Make an Edit window look and behave like DOS window

steve8tch

I have had to rewrite an application that displayed its information in a standard DOS command window. In an effort to make the new application 'look' like the old one - I would like to display its information in a similar way.

Problem.. When you create an edit window - when you feed information into it - I can get the new data added to the end of the present data - but that data is now displayed off screen at the botton - and you have to scroll down to see it. In a DOS command window - the window continuously scrolls to display the most recent data a the bottom of the screen.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this. (easily !! :geek: - even I could create some array structures and minipulate these to make it display like a command window - I am hoping that there are some simple settings somewhere :o

Thanks.

Look at the UDFs in the beta GuiEdit Managment

you'll need

#include <GuiEdit.au3>

and after adding the text to the edit

_GUICtrlEditLineScroll ($myedit, 0, _GUICtrlEditGetLineCount ($myedit)))

that should do it.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

This is wonderful - thankyou :geek:

All I have to do now is find a font that looks like "Raster Fonts" 8x12. :o

The other thing I really need to check is how much of a 'buffer' - ie text I can have in the text control before the scroll and GUI edit box write function starts to slow down. I will do some testing. Typically this application will only ever be restarted at reboots - and they only occur for security patching

Thanks again for you help.