Au3Update manager update

kjactive

I discovered a bug in the unzipping code related to the 'Special update options' where all program updates can be attached - fixed and the manager can now update from both archives ( zip ) as executes both autoit3 beta as the native system and other related files like koda etc....

Warning!!! I'm sorry to say that my AutoIt3 system in some strange manner got attacked by a trojan horse 'CompileIt3.exe' was infected in my last update by a 'PSW.Agent' virus - it's hard to discover, the virus was attached to the execute but it's simple to remove, AVG latest virus database update discovered it and removed the file and I uploaded a new virus free manager to download - sorry but strangely it's only Autoit3 that got hit - everyone please check it out...

Virus remove:

Go into safe mode (probably F8 when you reboot) Search drive C for SYSUPD.EXE and delete it ( I did not have that file on my computer ). Apparently this program won't start in safe mode. Then remove from Recycle Bin.

Restart in normal mode and run a full scan with AVG. It can now heal the infected file ( read delete ) and you no longer have a virus on your machine! Simple eh!

Download Au3Update manager ( Virus free )

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-fol...e/Au3Update.exe

kjactive :o

1. The Install function STILL fails on systems where @ProgramFilesDir = "C:\Program Files" (99.9% of US Systems) due to the failure to use quotes in RUN commands correctly. We have discussed this extensively.

2. The SAVE function in "Special Zip Editor" doesn't. Updates.ini is never modified, and so it always reverts to "C:\Programmer" no matter how many times it's saved as "C:\Program Files\" through the Zip editor. Manually editing and saving Updates.ini works, however.

3. Wouldn't it be more useful to display the currently installed Beta version rather than the last time the utility was run?

Well I could not quiet get the trouble as I did quoted in the Run function and I'm well aware on this problem so I desided to move the script directory to 'C:\Program files\' to do a deap test on the subject - and I must admit that you'r right I FORGOT to quote in the .exe install process as i seldom use this, only the .zip update process was quoted in - fixed...

Now Au3Update works in any install paths ( on my computer anyway ) as I also discovered that I did fixed the application itself install path to be in autoit3 local path in my installer script - fixed, free to install anywhere...

About the special update editer I think that you got the editer wrong as you just has to do a save at every changes before moving on - well this editer works in both paths too - but maybe I could make this a bit more automatically - I don't down...

Posted Image

Wouldn't it be more useful to display the currently installed Beta version rather than the last time the utility was run

well both the latest available beta and public updates revisions is displayed as the current version running on the computer and the date updated - further more what execute file update date, I don't know if this is nessesary but if a bunch of fellow autoitters do remark this as a trouble I would change/add this option...

Thanks for your responceses - Please check out if the touble is removed on all my 'Amerikana' friends computers...

download from site:

The application is origin based on idears from Rob Saunders that came out with this nice layout but the update manager is totally rewritten and has a lot of extended power...

A word related the application: it can make updates to all programs but is target to Autoit3, a Koda and Scite example is included in the special update editer but do charge the path to suite your computers specified path before doing a test. The update manager can make updates from both .Exe as .zip archive files and provide an option to keep updates in a editable library to do reupdate etc. - a guided tour is available with the MSAgent 'genie' character if available and the application do include an install/uninstall script, a topics and the code script...

Edited by kjactive

I just found some trouble in the special update manager option and fixed them...

The special Update manager made unwanted save to new treads in some conditions...

Displayed wrong or non informations related to some error conditions...

Produced fatal errors if no entries available in the special update editer and users clicked up/down controls...

Please remember to do a save at every changes wanted in the special editer before move on to next entry...

download from site:

Edited by kjactive

• 1 month later...

Hi kjactive,

Why is the cwebpage.dll installed with au3update? a file called cwebpage.dll is reported to be spyware but it could also be a utility to embed IE in a application.

So what is yours and why do you install it to the system32 folder rather than the default au3update folder?

I am sure he uses it for the embedded animated GIF.

@kj - you could use beta's GUICtrlCreatObj to embed the GIF...

Lar.

I'm having a bit of a problem with cwebpage.dll as it is not removed by the uninstall script and the installer adds a reference to SharedDlls in the registry.

If @kjactive is unaware about this it could be the installer. If taht is the case I could help out with a NSIS installer script.

Edited by Uten

CWebpage.dll is correctly used to display the animated gif blincking eye that also provide some html code to provide a link to my autoit3 homepage and correctly not removed by the uninstaller script as this is a shared library it could be used by some other programs. CWebpage library is a html embed library done by an old frind of mine 'Jeff Glatt' and nothing fishy going on here but just as easy to remove - check down in system32 directory and remove...

CWeblibrary writes in the registry and ment to do - a lot of programs do this when come to shared libaries left over during uninstall but I'll look into it as it could provide an option to uninstall with an messige - shared file, maybe other programs use this...

I'm interested in hearing about the program works without the trouble from previous version not handling installs into paths with an blank character inbetween like into c:\program files'

GUICtrlCreatObj and embedded components is not as fast as CWebPage library in this matter and still need an external library of some sort...

Sorry for the trouble 'UTen'

kjactive :think:

Edited by kjactive

Thanks for the informative reply kjaktive :think:

A few comments

CWebpage.dll is correctly used to display the animated gif blincking eye that also provide some html code to provide a link to my autoit3 homepage and correctly not removed by the uninstaller script as this is a shared library it could be used by some other programs. CWebpage library is a html embed library done by an old frind of mine 'Jeff Glatt' and nothing fishy going on here but just as easy to remove - check down in system32 directory and remove...

Unfortunately tehere are libraries out there with the same name, placed at the same spot, classified as "not to nice" to have around.

CWeblibrary writes in the registry and ment to do - a lot of programs do this when come to shared libaries left over during uninstall but I'll look into it as it could provide an option to uninstall with an messige - shared file, maybe other programs use this...

I think libraries should be removed, especialy when there is no other program using them. Could be a bit hard to figure out, but I did a install, uninstall without installing anything else. So I concluded that non of my existing programs used the librarary, and it should go away.

Now that said i actualy have not checked how NSIS handels this type of dll's, WISE did take them away, but I might have fallen into the same trap with my NSIS scripts :(

Unfortunately tehere are libraries out there with the same name, placed at the same spot, classified as "not to nice" to have around.

I think that you missunderstand the information 'not being nice' as most blockers/firewalls only inform you that there is a program/library using a port to comunicate with the internet and it's up to you to deal with this particulare thread - could be okay: example: I get a notification on Qtask.exe but this is a vital part of quicktime & Itunes etc. and there should not bee two libraies with the same name, I never head about a CWebPage.dll clone but I will try to include a noticication on that subject in my uninstall script...

Edited by kjactive

I think that you missunderstand the information 'not being nice' as most blockers/firewalls only inform you that there is a program/library using a port to comunicate with the internet and it's up to you to deal with this particulare thread - could be okay: example: I get a notification on Qtask.exe but this is a vital part of quicktime & Itunes etc. and there should not bee two libraies with the same name, I never head about a CWebPage.dll clone but I will try to include a noticication on that subject in my uninstall script...

The links in my first post will show you where to get source for CWebPage.c and a link to places where a library called CWebPage.dll is involved in "unvanted" activity.

Name clash or not, it's your program (installer) and your descission that you need the component and you have decided where you install it. My choice at the moment is not to have it on computers I'm involved in before I know more about the library. Hope you don't take that as an offence. I do not intend to imply that your program is involved in "unvanted" activity. I just have to be realy shure before I install something that can raise flags at the moment.

I do not intend to imply that your program is involved in "unvanted" activity.

well that was not my point but I do check my computers with adware 'antispyware solutions' a part of goggle solution and CCleaner as Registry cleaner, I got two firewalls and do not get any complaines about CWebpage.dll, If I did I would have removed it but I've learned durring time not to trust any spyware and blockers blindless and I'm interested in hearing from other users that have semilary problems with this IE library...

My choice at the moment...

Shure and I should have mentioned that CWebpage library was part of the install process - sorry and I'll look into it some day...

Edited by kjactive

well that was not my point but I do check my computers with adware 'antispyware solutions' a part of goggle solution and CCleaner as Registry cleaner, I got two firewalls and do not get any complaines about CWebpage.dll, If I did I would have removed it but I've learned durring time not to trust any spyware and blockers blindless and I'm interested in hearing from other users that have semilary problems with this IE library...

Shure and I should have mentioned that CWebpage library was part of the install process - sorry and I'll look into it some day...

To you and others reading this thread I might stress that there was no "anti spyware program" or "suspicious activity" that made me ask. I monitored the install process, noticed that files were installed to system32 and registry entries added. To find out more then did a manual search with google for CwebPage.dll. The results in the google search made me woried.

Well I should mention that the origin CWebPage.dll from Jeff Glatt as product is provided with full source in C++, I know him back from the old amiga days and he has for some time now developed a 3. level interpretted programming language called Reginald Rexx and a very high skilled programmer...

Sorry not to mention the use of this library in the install process...

Edited by kjactive

• 3 months later...

I just updated my Au3Update manager as i discovered that the archives ( .zip files ) update system did not function at all - I don't know why but fixed...

Included in the installer script is a topics, the preprocessed script and an uninstaller script...

kjactive :whistle:

Edited by kjactive

• 2 months later...

Just made some adjustments and changed some security messures about the checkup process, well removed a few bugs too...

Au3Update manager provide options to use arhives as well as installer scripts and to install other update links as well...

download from site:

kjactive :whistle: