Picture Resize

If you are using WinXP and don't really need the color reduction, you could use the Windows XP PowerToy called ResizePhotos...

I have a mixed enviroment of Win2k and WinXP. The Power Toy can only operate on a WinXP box. I tried that route too. Thanks for the help any ways.

• 10 months later...

I have recently spent the last day or so perfecting this idea. I have created a ZIP file that will install irview, copy files to their required directories, and make the registry entries, along with a nice window that allows the user to select a new image size.

I will work on it more tomorrow to add a function that will allow the user to select the source directory and also the output directory. Shouldn't take too long, knock on wood.

Works for Windows XP AND 2000 (using @OSVersion and an if statement, I made a variable so that WINDOWS and WINNT is placed in file directories based on the OS.)

I will add the .au3 files in this ZIP file for anyone who wants to look at them, but I wouldn't suggest giving it to people with them in there, it may and will confuse them. haha!

http://www.geocities.com/mike_1305/Resizer.zip (1.35MB)

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

It would be more reliable if you use @WindowsDir to get the directory instead of basing it on the os. (Sometimes win 2000/nt is installed in Windows.)

I would get rid of

$Windows = @OSVersion
If $Windows = "WIN_2000" Then
    $windir = "WINNT"
ElseIf $Windows = "WIN_XP" Then
    $windir = "WINDOWS"
Else 
    MsgBox(0, "Sorry", "Incompatible operating system.")
    Exit
EndIfoÝ÷ Ù©Ýr§æ®¶­sc¶6÷ærfÆW2FòFV"F&V7F÷&W0¤fÆT6÷gV÷C´ÖvUõ&VGV6W"æWRgV÷C²ÂgV÷C´3¢gV÷C²fײb33c·væF"fײgV÷Cµ77FVÓ3"gV÷C²£¶VæB6÷ær
in CLICK ME.au3

This way it would run on every install of windows XP/2K and if the keys are in the same place on 98, then it would also work on that.

Or possibly copy it into the sendto folder on if the OS is 98.

awesome, thanks! :P I know it isn't the most efficient script ever but I haven't touched AutoIt in five months so I am a bit rusty. haha!

The reason I made this is mainly becuase my mom wants a way to resize her images and she runs 2000 at work. I showed this to her and I guess it is still too complicated for her. Would it be a stretch to allow for the ability to highlight images and have the resize option in a right click menu?

Edited by mike1305

Amp Energy Drink: the official sponsor of me scripting at 2AM.

awesome, thanks! :P I know it isn't the most efficient script ever but I haven't touched AutoIt in five months so I am a bit rusty. haha!

The reason I made this is mainly becuase my mom wants a way to resize her images and she runs 2000 at work. I showed this to her and I guess it is still too complicated for her. Would it be a stretch to allow for the ability to highlight images and have the resize option in a right click menu?

it shouldn't be too difficult, in this thread there's the code to resize images, and a link to the code to add context menus; you just have to combine them.