I'm COMfused

neogia

Does anyone know why this works:

$obj = ObjCreate("Microsoft.Update.Session")

and this doesn't:

$obj = ObjCreate("System.Net.WebProxy")

I unfortunately don't understand COM objects very well, but shouldn't the syntax be similar? I've looked this up on VBScript sites, and the syntax is the same for them. Are "System" objects just not supported with AutoIt? Thanks.

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

Do a registry search for the two strings involved. You will notice the difference.

Ok, so that makes more sense, I found the first, but not the second. Now how do I find/get or otherwise acquire the program with that progID?

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

Ok, so that makes more sense, I found the first, but not the second. Now how do I find/get or otherwise acquire the program with that progID?

The latter doesn't expose an interface that au3 can access. Refer to the COM/OBJ help for the interfaces that au3 can talk to. Sven or one of the COM gurus might be able to explain more than the limitations that are outlined in the OBJ/COM helpfile / intro material which directly relates to your questions.

Note: Fixed typo

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.