Font searching on your screen

I'm trying to code a script and I'm horrible at coding (trust me on this one.)

What I'd like to do is search for are a series of numbers that will randomly shift within a 3x4.5 in. box. These numbers are the same font but on occasion will go from normal to bold and increase size from type 8 font to as large as 14 font, they're also black (there's some shading if you really get into the nitty gritty with photoshop and a print screen.)

Is this something i'd want to try to write for PixelSearch or is there another function within AutoIT that'll take a little less work to code and be more efficient?

Basically,

A list of

Will appear in the screen, if the first one isn't 18 then i'd like the program to go on to the next random roll.

Eventually developing the program to continue to roll until it finds straight 18's.

Think of the old school tile based D&D games where you rolled your own stats. I'm trying to develop a system to circumvent the constant random rolls and have the computer do the work for me.

• Moderators

An OCR is what your wanting, and you would need to look at PixelCheckSum() if the numbers are changing that frequently, you have alot of coding ahead of you.

There's been several 'decent' attempts in the past few months, in the scripts and scraps forum. This may give you an idea or a head start in your venture.

Be warned, this is not for the faint hearted...

Where the numbers are displayed, they don't have a Control ID by any chance do they? If so you could circumvent all the pain with a simple ControlGetText().

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Welcome to the Forums

is this online??

New to AutoIt ?

A Great Place To Start:

==> Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3 <==

8)

Thanks.

Yeah. It's online. Basically it's a game in development to replicate the old Neverwinter Nights that was on AOL back in the day (when you had to pay by the hour.)

They kept the original roller in the first release and I helped the dev's debunk that roller and develope a new roller. Unfortunately, ACtool is what i used for the first one and I don't think it's got the power to do this. If i can get it working without a lot of headaches then it'll get sent off to the dev team so they can use it to develop the roller even further.

I'll work to achieve something but if its going to be a nightmare than i'll let the faint of heart who play the game go for it.

An OCR is what your wanting, and you would need to look at PixelCheckSum() if the numbers are changing that frequently, you have alot of coding ahead of you.

There's been several 'decent' attempts in the past few months, in the scripts and scraps forum. This may give you an idea or a head start in your venture.

Be warned, this is not for the faint hearted...

Where the numbers are displayed, they don't have a Control ID by any chance do they? If so you could circumvent all the pain with a simple ControlGetText().

It's a possibility, i haven't thought about that option. The numbers are displayed in a window behind another window that lets you decide what to do with the current roll. Unfortunately the window with the numbers isnt the active (front) window.

maybe it can be read with the IE.au3 Library ( only works with Internet Explorer )

You can Download IE.au3 here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13398#

place that in the "Program Files\Autoit3\Beta\Includes\IE.au3

then get the IE.au3 Builder... here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...68&hl=Valuater#

with these you can "READ" the page and get the numbers...maybe

8)

NEWHeader1.png