Copy data using robocopy with a progress bar

I have a batch file that uses robocopy to copy files to a network share for backup purposes. The batch file works like a dream. I recently started using autoit and would like to use this to add the robocopy.exe and the batch file into a single file that can be run to do the backup.

However, I would like to have a GUI progress bar that would show how far along it is backing everything up. I have searched the boards and have found a few posts that talk about this, or using robocopy as an option, but I wasn't able to find anything that would create this progress bar.

I have a batch file that uses robocopy to copy files to a network share for backup purposes. The batch file works like a dream. I recently started using autoit and would like to use this to add the robocopy.exe and the batch file into a single file that can be run to do the backup.

However, I would like to have a GUI progress bar that would show how far along it is backing everything up. I have searched the boards and have found a few posts that talk about this, or using robocopy as an option, but I wasn't able to find anything that would create this progress bar.

Fundamental issues

RunWait() has fired off a process. It will tell you when it's done, and your script is hung waiting for the return. To handle a progressbar, now you have to have a second program, watching the first, and doing something silly like looking at logfiles.

If you want more granularity than that, forget the external tool, and write the logic to perform the copies yourself.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.