(Diablo2) detecting item drops in inventory

Sarc

ok i kill a monster on diablo 2 and he drops an item. its an item that i'm searching for, so i want to keep it, rather than sell it with all the others. seeing as there is little success for a working OCR with D2, would my only option be to get pixel references for all of the items that i'm looking for, and then check that after each item has been dropped. bit like this:

Monster drops item A

item A is one i'm looking for

[confusion]

do i do a load of pixel checks on the item, and compare it with a list of preset item pixels to see if its one i need?

this item will look like many others before it has been identified, however i do not with all items to be identified.

Posted Image

Normal Grim Shield

or the identified:

Posted Image

[/confusion]

any info wud b awesome, cheers

everyone has source lol

that function is for items in your stash/inventory

NOT on the ground.

why dont you just USE mmbot and forget the hassle of modifying it.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

everyone has source lol

why dont you just USE mmbot and forget the hassle of modifying it.

because, as fantastic as MMBOT is, i got bored of it so i decided to write my own. if i cant get a working pickit then i will use MM's but i mean, i wanted to write a bot, and apart from not being able to stash items, and check what the item is, i've done that

edit: plus i'd only be running 2 of the bosses and with only 1 install of d2, i'd keep getting RD more than likely

Edited by Sarc