Time sync script

jjohn

I have this time sync script and my time zone is pacific standard time, just want to see if it get time correct in different time zone.

It suppose to work on win 98 or xp, if you're in zone other than mine and test out the time is incorrect, please let me know the difference and the zone(or city) you're in.

Thanks

IPClockSync_v2.au3

I like it. Always love a solution in AutoIt that I normally have to download a third party program for. I always used one from http://www.worldtimeservers.com/. I have been interested in creating something similiar in AutoIt. You have done it. It works great.

I am in the US CST (Central Time Zone -6).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

In Italy it doesn't work: I get -1h

Please check when you click open your clock at the bottom right corner...

Do you see such line

"(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna"

about Time Zone?

If no, then you have to set it right, otherwise your OS will treat you as not in Italy and this script will give you time of another place.

I guess you might be using Win98, please try another version, it is also for the mobile people who need to change time zone frequently, the major difference is just line 13 of the script, hope this one will work right for you.

IPClockSync_v2m.au3

Nice script :o

I am in EST zone (-5) and it works great!

[edit]

I guess to be really accurate you would need to run 2 updates, silently timing the first one to calculate round trip lag time and adding that value to the time returned on the second trip.

[/edit]

Edited by billmez

Nice script :o

I am in EST zone (-5) and it works great!

[edit]

I guess to be really accurate you would need to run 2 updates, silently timing the first one to calculate round trip lag time and adding that value to the time returned on the second trip.

[/edit]

Thanks for your test result and great suggestion.

Please check when you click open your clock at the bottom right corner...

Do you see such line

about Time Zone?

If no, then you have to set it right, otherwise your OS will treat you as not in Italy and this script will give you time of another place.

I guess you might be using Win98, please try another version, it is also for the mobile people who need to change time zone frequently, the major difference is just line 13 of the script, hope this one will work right for you.

IPClockSync_v2m.au3

I tried both scripts but I get the same error like masvil (-1h) even if the time zone settings are correct for my location (Berlin).

regards

Finrod Narmolanya

@jjohn

It seems that Westi ist right, it seems to be a language problem. I tried your tool on a mui Version (english with the german interface) and there ist no problem even if the region zone ist the same.

i attached the Results from both systems.

regards

Finrod Narmolanya

1234.txt

Edited by Finrod Narmolanya

Do you see such line

about Time Zone?

Yes, I do.

I guess you might be using Win98,

XP updated

hope this one will work right for you.

Same problem, it gives Greenwich time instead of Greenwich + 1. Or maybe I can't understand the way it (should have to) work.

EDITED: Finrod Narmolanya, you make me feel not alone :o

Edited by masvil

Yes, I do.

XP updated

Same problem, it gives Greenwich time instead of Greenwich + 1. Or maybe I can't understand the way it (should have to) work.

Sorry to say, but I am also in time zone "(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna" and for me it works fine.

Sorry to say, but I am also in time zone "(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna" and for me it works fine.

Everything works for you :-P... hahha

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

This is language specific:

First regread: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\

Result: W. Europe Standard Time

Second regread: HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation\StandardName

Result: (The translated text from above)

Fix:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"StandardName"="W. Europe Standard Time"

Now it should work... :o

Edited by Westi

I tried both scripts but I get the same error like masvil (-1h) even if the time zone settings are correct for my location (Berlin).

regards

Finrod Narmolanya

This script is to gether the time zone info and OS info on running Win98 pc, if you have hour difference problem with current versions of IPClock Sync, please use it to make report (1234.txt) in script folder, include it in your post as attachment, I will look into it ASAP, thanks very much.

OSnRegInfo.au3

Yes, I do.

XP updated

This script is to gather the time zone info and OS info on running WinXp pc, if you have hour difference problem with current versions of IPClock Sync, please use it to make report (4321.txt) in script folder, include it in your post as attachment, I will look into it ASAP, thanks very much.

OSnRegInfoXp.au3