A few questions from a noob

Der

I have only been using autoit v2 for a short period I was told that autoit scripting language for 2 is alot simplers.

So far I really like what i have accomplised in the few days I have been learning. But I have two things that I have not been able to figure out how to do or if it is possible.

1. I would like to have the macro run on a minimized window is this possible and if so how do I make sure it is the right window it is running on I usually have like 6 windows of the same application running and would like to be able to choose some how which one it will run in.

2. Second I hope is easier then the First I baiscally want the macro to run in the task bar but not execute till I hit a set of hot keys example Ctrl+Shift+Q the macro will execute one then go hibernate again till the hot keys are pressed again.

I don't why you choose the V2 version if you just start as the official release is V3 now.

I think the new one is a lot simpler and have a great doc that can help your understanding of what you can do with.

I choose version too becuase i dont have a programing back ground and someone said two was more along the lines of english verse code

Perhaps you have to invest a little bit in V3 as a lot of functions have evolved and bugs removed too.

You can start with the example in the doc and the tutorial.

the "Scripts and Scraps" forum is a good place if you find some related scripts that are similar to the problem you try to solved.

Good learning :o

• 1 month later...

2. Second I hope is easier then the First I baiscally want the macro to run in the task bar but not execute till I hit a set of hot keys example Ctrl+Shift+Q the macro will execute one then go hibernate again till the hot keys are pressed again.

For this you can use AdLib section (can't remember exact name), see helpfile for details,

I'm using V3 now, V2 is not really up to date.

Edited by Zedna

Setting up a hotkey in v2 isn't possible, but I think it was Larry or valik who suggested

something for a user a long time ago when v3 was still in it's early betas. If you find a

program you rarely use, and go to it's properties you could set up your wanted hotkey

there. Now you could just check for this program's title, and when it exists you do what

you want to do :think:

Kind of funny looking back, since it's so much easier to do the same thing now...

Edited by Helge