Search within file

TuMiM

Is there a way to search within the contents of a file for different things and then write them to a file? for example if the file contains test: mytest then write it to a file. If it contains test: mytest2 write it to a file. But the file can contain multiple of these entries so it would have to search for all of them. Is that possible?

Do you mean like this?

$File = FileOpen ("MyTextfile.txt",0)

If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

While 1

$line = FileReadLine ( $File)
    if @error = -1 then ExitLoop
    If Stringinstr ($line, "MyString") then FileWriteLine ("MyNewfile.txt", $Line)
    WEnd
    FileClose ($File)
Edited by ChrisL

$var = FileRead("myfile.txt", FileGetSize("myfile.txt"))
$var = StringSplit($var, @CRLF, 1)
for $i = 0 to $var[0]
if StringInStr($var[$i], "test: mytest") then
filewriteline("mynewfile.txt",$var[$i])
EndIf
Next

--like that?

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

ok, let's say this file is not really meant to be open as a text file but if you open it with notepad you can do a find with notepad and easily find these entries. Should the fileread command work? It is not working on these files but works fine on a regular txt file. what does fileread use to open the file?

can you attatch the file you want to read from? Because i dont really understand waht you mean.

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

Hi,

if you want the whole line, yo can use DOS; [in Search String, separate multiple searches by spaces; check syntax for Findstr]

Dim $DosFINDSTRReturn,$Display

Opt("RunErrorsFatal", 0)

$SearchString='LANG'

$DefSwitches='/R/I /c:"'&$SearchString&'"' ; Change only if you know FINDSTR switches well

$FileIndiv = @ScriptDir&"\849064.txt"

$Answer=@ScriptDir&"\Answer.txt"

FileDelete($Answer)

FINDSTRAU3($DefSwitches,$FileIndiv,$Answer)

RunWait("notepad.exe " & $Answer ,@ScriptDir)

;--------------- FINDSTRAU3 function; Randallc randallc@ozemail.com.au ---------------

Func FINDSTRAU3($Switches, $File,$AnswerFile)

If StringInStr($File, " ") Then $File = '"' & $File & '"'

If StringInStr($AnswerFile, " ") Then $AnswerFile = '"' & $AnswerFile & '"'

$Command ='FINDSTR '& $Switches &' '& $File &'>'&$AnswerFile

$DosFINDSTRReturn=RunWait( @ComSpec & " /c " & $Command, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

EndFunc ;==>FINDSTRAU3

OR FileRead works OK;

$sTXTLOGFile = @ScriptDir&"\849064.txt"

$sTXTLOGFile2 = @ScriptDir&"\sTXTLOGFile2.txt"

$var = FileRead($sTXTLOGFile, FileGetSize($sTXTLOGFile))

FileWriteLine ($sTXTLOGFile2, $var)

RunWait("notepad.exe " & $sTXTLOGFile2 ,@ScriptDir)

if StringInStr($var,"LANG") then $AnswerString="LANG"

if StringInStr($var,"LANG2") then $AnswerString="LANG2"

MsgBox(0,"","$AnswerString="&$AnswerString)

Best, Randall Edited by randallc