Listbox issues

Hi, raw newbie here.

I am trying to write a script that interacts with a vendor's set of panels, and for the most part I can figure out how to interact with the controls. However, there is one in particular that is giving me fits: the lisbox. I can see the controls, I can put focus on them, and I can Send commands to them -- but I cannot extract any information from them at all. I have a feeling these are some kind of proprietary creations, which is why AU3 is hitting a wall.

I have been looking through the forums for examples, but half the time there are included files that I don't have (like GuiList.au3) or the commands simply return error values (generally "1"). I am at a loss on what to do next...I can write a one-time kludge that will force a specific action, but as sure as I do, tne contents of those listboxes will change and the script will be less than useless.

Any suggestions? I'm stymied. :o

Thanx! Jeff

Hi, raw newbie here.

I am trying to write a script that interacts with a vendor's set of panels, and for the most part I can figure out how to interact with the controls. However, there is one in particular that is giving me fits: the lisbox. I can see the controls, I can put focus on them, and I can Send commands to them -- but I cannot extract any information from them at all. I have a feeling these are some kind of proprietary creations, which is why AU3 is hitting a wall.

I have been looking through the forums for examples, but half the time there are included files that I don't have (like GuiList.au3) or the commands simply return error values (generally "1"). I am at a loss on what to do next...I can write a one-time kludge that will force a specific action, but as sure as I do, tne contents of those listboxes will change and the script will be less than useless.

Any suggestions? I'm stymied. :o

Thanx! Jeff

The GuiList.au3 is in the beta version

now most of the functions should work with the external control if it is a standard windows control

functions like:

_GUICtrlListSelectedIndex($h_listbox) - Return the index of selected item

_GUICtrlListGetText($h_listbox, $i_index) - Returns the item (string) at the specified index

etc...

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

The GuiList.au3 is in the beta version

now most of the functions should work with the external control if it is a standard windows control

functions like:

_GUICtrlListSelectedIndex($h_listbox) - Return the index of selected item

_GUICtrlListGetText($h_listbox, $i_index) - Returns the item (string) at the specified index

etc...

Thanx for your help, particularly with the Beta download.

The Good News is that the standard ControlCommand options appear to be working correctly. :geek:

The Bad News is that the functions you listed above still don't work. :o

Whatever, this is significant progress, and very much appreciated.

Thanx! Jeff