AutoIt Help--bug or feature?

packrat

I'm running AutoIt 3.1.1.0 and beta 3.1.1.106 together with SciTE version 1.67.

In both cases, I'm unable to invoke AuotIt help by clicking "Help" in the SciTE menu (or pressing F1, or Alt-F1 in the case of the beta version) on a new script, even if I have many typed lines of code, until AFTER I've saved a script (even a blank script). In other words, Help only seems to work with saved scripts--not with new, unsaved (even empty) scripts. Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature, what's the advantage and benefit? I've been programming since 1975, and I'm still in the process of learning AutoIt commands that are new to me and some of the idiosyncracies of the AutoIt syntax compared to other languages I'm used to. I find it very frustrating not to be able to check the syntax of a command that I'd like to type before I save even a blank file.

Harvey

• Developers

I'm running AutoIt 3.1.1.0 and beta 3.1.1.106 together with SciTE version 1.67.

In both cases, I'm unable to invoke AuotIt help by clicking "Help" in the SciTE menu (or pressing F1, or Alt-F1 in the case of the beta version) on a new script, even if I have many typed lines of code, until AFTER I've saved a script (even a blank script). In other words, Help only seems to work with saved scripts--not with new, unsaved (even empty) scripts. Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature, what's the advantage and benefit? I've been programming since 1975, and I'm still in the process of learning AutoIt commands that are new to me and some of the idiosyncracies of the AutoIt syntax compared to other languages I'm used to. I find it very frustrating not to be able to check the syntax of a command that I'd like to type before I save even a blank file.

Harvey

Feature of SciTE.

All tools are related to a File Extension.. so all AUtoIt3 tools will only work when that file you edit is saved as whatever.au3..

:o

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)