Input bulgarian text in notepad tutorial?

omg

I feel really unprepared around that kind of guys... speaking about scripts, some strings/arrays and other stuff I dont understand at all :geek:

I am a noob on scripting, but I think it is very cool to create your own things and be proud of them ;)

I start by following tutorial in help, but when I tryed the second (with notepad script) I didnt see my bulgarian text, instead I was looking at some monkey simbols :o

Well here is my question (dont make fun of me pls) - what must I include to that script:

Run("notepad.exe")

WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

Send("Текст на български!")

WinWaitActive("Notepad", "The text in the Untitled file has changed")
Send("!n")

to see the text right?

OK, it does what it must, but when it starts writing the "Текст на български" text, i see simbols.

The language is Bulgarian - phonetic (latin)

Probably it is problem with encoding or smtng like that, maybe I must add "windows-1251" somewhere?

I know it is simple to you guys, but it is not for me.

I am really a noob in programing at any kind, I have writed some basic HTML and thats all, so pls simple explanation?

add a "1" to this line

Send("Текст на български!", 1)

and remove this line

maybe take a look at "Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3" below

8)

BTW

Welcome to the Forums

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

add a "1" to this line

and remove this line

8)

BTW

Welcome to the Forums

Thanks for welcoming me Valuater :">

I tryed that what you sayed, but with no result... actually "with the same result" ;)

I didnt remove the last line - I think it is cool to appear Notepad, write some text itself and w8 to be closed without no questions about saving the file - just closes after user click on "X" :o

Btw, is it possible to control the speed of the text that has been sended... ahh nevermind, no need to control how fast some simbols appear anyway... 1 problem at a time, right?

Here is my short script now:

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
Send("!n")

Result is still the same - I see simbols instead of the bulgarian text :zorro:

When you copy/paste it, do you see the text correct? Maybe the prob is in me somewhere then?

Any other solution on your mind :sorcerer: ?

About this -

- well, I did give it a look actually. Again - I have no programing background at all - so I get :geek: quite confused by the demo and the tutorials(some of them gived me error on start, or I didnt start them right I guess), maybe they are for more advanced users than me - I am a simple HTML writer :dance:

10x anyway for the fast answer :huggles:

I can copy and paste your text into other applications, but Notepad just shows question marks. It's probably because Notepad only supports the basic character set and can't deal with any "extended" characters. If you try this with something more advanced like Wordpad, it should work.

Changing the font that notepad uses sometimes helps...

I can type japanese and chinese in notepad when i change it to the relevent fonts that i got with my input device.

#EDIT: Corrected Typo

Edited by nfwu