Running a Process at Login Screen(not login)

I wrote a program that automates the shutdown of a computer, the only problem is that a user has to be logged in for my shutdown script (process)to be active.

How do I run my process as soon as the computer boots?

I have done tons of google searching but as you know i get totally irrelevent information that talks about how to set processes to run when the user logs in.

Thanks for any help in advance guys.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Yeah, i have been looking into services. I will have to do some research on how to add and remove services, i did find the registry key that stores them, but i doubt i should manually edit it. :o

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

What about this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251192

Edit: I see, the link you have is for allowing the computer to run normal applications as services.

I also got the Windows 2003 resource kit which has the Srvany.exe but the Windows 2000 resouce kit doesn't have it. I would need to get this to run on Windows 2000 OS and since the Windows 2003 Resource kit only works on XP and Windows Server, then it won't work for Windows 2000 OS.

Edited by The Kandie Man

That would be great, thanks a bunch. :o

I don't know what your script do and reading the post you mention that you are looking in a way to add and remved the service. Why you don't copy your script to Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and once the script finish running it delete itself. Copying your script to All Users Startup folder don't matter who loggon your script still running.

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

I don't know what your script do and reading the post you mention that you are looking in a way to add and remved the service. Why you don't copy your script to Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and once the script finish running it delete itself. Copying your script to All Users Startup folder don't matter who loggon your script still running.

He wants the script to run before anyone is logged in I think

He wants the script to run before anyone is logged in I think

Ok, if that is the case he can add the script to HKML\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx and the script will run. This is how adware Se works to remove spyware that can not be remove at the first scan. Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line