Script communication

jezzzzy

Someone please point me in the direction of the proper way to have 2 scripts communicate with eachother. I have done this various ways. I have used an intermediary .ini or .txt file where one script adds a line and the other script reads it to find out what it's supposed to do. I have also used "net send" where one script sends a net send to another pc and then the script on that machine clicks the 'ok' button and performs some task based on the net send message. However, these methods are cumbersome. Can't I just send a message from one script to the other? I would rather the answer be a simple function that I have overlooked. But I think I could handle DCOM or something a little more complicated if someone could just give me a shove in the right direction.

Awesome. Experimenting with that now. I'm looking into the TCP fuction rather than the UDP one. Based on a what I have seen so far, this may be the "easy" solution I was looking for. I'm nearly certain this will work for my situation. Thank you.