activex?

ghetek

im new to the activex stuff. how do i make an existing script into an activex script?

I know this is rude, but based on the way you've asked the question I don't believe you've got the background to understand the answer even if you were to get one.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I know this is rude, but based on the way you've asked the question I don't believe you've got the background to understand the answer even if you were to get one.

Dale

no offense to anyone... don't let that comment discourage u. Just open up the Help File, and then start studying fuction like: GUICreate(), GUICtrlCreate(), and then just browse...

no offense to anyone... don't let that comment discourage u. Just open up the Help File, and then start studying fuction like: GUICreate(), GUICtrlCreate(), and then just browse...

What good will this do in helping the OP do what they asked to do?

ActiveX is a completely different programming language from AutoIt..

ActiveX isn't a programming language at all. It's not even a language.

Why did both of you reply? Clearly neither one of you know anything about ActiveX so you are vastly under-qualified to be trying to help people in a field you know nothing about. Dale's post was succinct, accurate and sufficient. The subsequent 3 replies (Includes mine) were unnecessary.

Why did both of you reply? Clearly neither one of you know anything about ActiveX so you are vastly under-qualified to be trying to help people in a field you know nothing about. Dale's post was succinct, accurate and sufficient. The subsequent 3 replies (Includes mine) were unnecessary.

Dude you talk like a computer :o

There is a hex ( 31303030303030 ) reasons i love AutoIt !

Because the last comment that was left, basically said that he did'nt really know AutoIt. So i said to open the help file and start learning...... and, i was'nt trying to help people. I CLEARLY Stated that he could start learning from the help file..? Does that say anything about ActiveX?

?????????????

I have to agree with DaleHohm and Valik

As a person who has created ActiveX controls in VB, I know what DaleHome and Valik are saying.

if the user wishes to learn how to create activex controls the user will need to pick a programming language such as vb create the controls

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Because the last comment that was left, basically said that he did'nt really know AutoIt. So i said to open the help file and start learning...... and, i was'nt trying to help people. I CLEARLY Stated that he could start learning from the help file..? Does that say anything about ActiveX?

?????????????

Errr, try reading Dale's post again. I doubt very seriously Dale is questioning the user's knowledge of AutoIt. What is being questioned is the complete and utter lack of knowledge of ActiveX. To somebody who knows what ActiveX is, the question is absolutely ridiculous because you can't create ActiveX controls in AutoIt (Not without some measure of near impossibility, the odds of which I haven't put sufficient thought into calculating). AutoIt is COM client enabled, not COM server enabled. Even a rudimentary understanding of ActiveX and/or COM would provide enough information for somebody to see that. Ergo, Dale's comment that the user doesn't have enough knowledge of the subject at hand to actually understand an answer is referring to the lack of knowledge of ActiveX.

• Developers

Sorry.. some of my posts require the use of common sense to understand..

Are you sure you mean what you said here or should I apply common sense first and translate it into something else like: "I don't know english very well and phrase things wrong most of the time "

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)