How can I verify mouse position?

endy

Is it possible to verify mouse position by visible window text? For example, when I locate the mouse over certain link in IE, the text in visible window changes - so, what I want to do is to verify if the mouse is located over the certain position (link) by given visible window text.

I don't think u would be able to do that... but then again, u just might be able to... If you are trying to make the mouse click the linking after getting the position, u could always use the IE.Automation library..... its in Scripts and Scraps somewhere...

good luck with whatever ur trying to do...

Ok, thanks CHRIS95219. I was actually trying to utilize my basic understanding of AutoIt, thinking that I could do some tasks in IE by mouse clicks without resorting to the IE.Automation library. Well, now it seems I have to study IE library.

Ok, I will definitely study the IE library. Could you tell me if I should install some additional features to my current AutoIt (version 3) to enable the IE library? Otherwise, it looks like my current editor SciTE has only few commands related to IE. Thanks!

Ah yes, you need the beta version of AutoIt to use IE.au3. Get it here (don't worry, it's perfectly safe): http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

The other thing about IE.au3 is that since it's not a standard included library file, the calltips are not included with Scite. I would recommend either keeping the library open while you use it, or add the calltips in the library into the user calltips file in Scite.

Edited by greenmachine

Ah yes, you need the beta version of AutoIt to use IE.au3. Get it here (don't worry, it's perfectly safe): http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

The other thing about IE.au3 is that since it's not a standard included library file, the calltips are not included with Scite. I would recommend either keeping the library open while you use it, or add the calltips in the library into the user calltips file in Scite.

with those suggestions

I would also suggest my IE.au3 Builder

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19368

maybe greenmachine hasn't tried it???

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Maybe? I dunno, I haven't really had the need for it. Hate to be arrogant, but I'm pretty damn good at figuring these things out myself. A good combination of Firefox and IE and some reading of html and page info is all I've needed so far.

Also, maybe you've fixed it by now, but last time I tried it it was pretty hangy and just.. not exactly what I wanted at the time.

(It is some nice work though)

Thanks everybody for your prompt replies and important advices!

Valuater, my great appreciation for your well designed basic courses on AutoIt_123 - they are really helpful. I have also downloaded IE.au3 Builder, though could not run it - should I consider some special ways to install the builder?

Well, I read the IE library, but still have some difficulties in writing and running scripts related to internet explore. If anybody has time and will, I would really appreciate if you could write me a simple example script for the following operations in IE:

1. Open IE

2. Go to "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum"

3. [login using any demo name and pass]

4. Go to "v3 Support" category of the forum (by mouse click or direct navigation)

5. Open a new topic within "v3 Support" category.

Sincere thanks in advance!

endy

Thanks, I will check once more AutoIt_123.

As for the IE builder, error message pops up:

Line 776 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"):

If IsObj($o_object.elements) Then

If IsObj($o_object.e^ERROR

Error: Unable to parse line.

greens right... thats not an IE.au3 Builder error

remember there are two include folders.. one for Autoit3... and another for beta

8)

Also, if you're not using Scite, don't you have to run the togglebeta.au3 (or exe) script so that when you right-click on a script and run it, it runs through beta instead of production?

Or I guess you could manually open it through the beta AutoIt3.exe....

between green and i "we" got ya going... Great

Glad you can see how great that IE Builder is too!!!

3 ( a little trick )

click on examples view.... find an example you like... copy it and paste it in the IE Builder Form... then click Run Form

it will run that example for you

Enjoy!

8)

NEWHeader1.png