FileInstall 3.0.81

Through my unofficial documentation project, I think I've uncovered a bug in FileInstall.

$x =  FileInstall("C:\foo\blah.txt", "C:\bar\")
 MsgBox(0,"ErrorFlag " & @error, "Result is " & $x)

When the script is not compiled, the return value is always 0--regardless of success. Compiled scripts return the correct value.

Also, the destination path must contain a trailing backslash in order for the operation to work. I can document this requirement; however, this behavior is inconsistent with other functions.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Through my unofficial documentation project, I think I've uncovered a bug in FileInstall.

$x =  FileInstall("C:\foo\blah.txt", "C:\bar\")
 MsgBox(0,"ErrorFlag " & @error, "Result is " & $x)

When the script is not compiled, the return value is always 0--regardless of success.  Compiled scripts return the correct value.

Also, the destination path must contain a trailing backslash in order for the operation to work.  I can document this requirement; however, this behavior is inconsistent with other functions.

Technically, it is not inconsistent. The second parameter is the full path to the destination. FileInstall("C:\foo\blah.txt", "C:\bar") would install "blah.txt" to the extension-less file "C:\bar". If you want to preserve the original filename, you have to put a \ so it's interpreted as a directory and not as a filename; alternatively, you could specify "C:\bar\blah.txt" (or any other filename...). The same holds true for the FileCopy, FileMove and about any DOS, Windows or *nix program which uses paths.