making a little system tray graph

sjorrel

TrayIcon() functions are supported (at least in the current betas) -- if you can generate your icon, you can display it in the systray.

TraySetIcon()

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

I personally use IconEdit32 for creating/editing simple icons, and I use @icon sushi for adding/extracting icons to/from a single icon library file.

Fake TaskManger tray icon example:

#Include <Constants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon;Hide the other AutoIt tray icon

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1); Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.
$exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
TraySetState()

$start = 0
While 1
    If TrayGetMsg() = $exititem Then ExitLoop

$diff = TimerDiff($start)
    If $diff > 1000 Then
        TraySetIcon("taskmgr.exe",Random(4, 14))
        $start = TimerInit()
    EndIf
WEnd
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I personally use IconEdit32 for creating/editing simple icons, and I use @icon sushi for adding/extracting icons to/from a single icon library file.

Fake TaskManger tray icon example:

#Include <Constants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon;Hide the other AutoIt tray icon

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1); Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.
$exititem = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
TraySetState()

$start = 0
While 1
    If TrayGetMsg() = $exititem Then ExitLoop

$diff = TimerDiff($start)
    If $diff > 1000 Then
        TraySetIcon("taskmgr.exe",Random(4, 14))
        $start = TimerInit()
    EndIf
WEnd
Hey CyberSlug,

I was just playing with that @Icon Sushi and it's really neat but now I have another question for you as a Developer. Is there any way for me to compile the AutoIT script using a .icl file instead of .ico? I tried it but it gave me an error. It would be really neet to be able to do this so I would not have to FileInstall a seperate .icl file, I would just reference the @ScriptName with the IconID that I want.

Thanks,

Mike

... Is there any way for me to compile the AutoIT script using a .icl file instead of .ico? I tried it but it gave me an error. It would be really neet to be able to do this so I would not have to FileInstall a seperate .icl file....

I don't have anything to do with the Aut2Exe compiler, and I ended having to FileInstall an .icl to @TempDir for one of my projects. Jon has been updating Aut2Exe, so I'll check with him.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!