mouse

Bert

Use the function MouseMove( ) Look it up in the help file for how to use it :o

I interpreted vollyman's request like this:

Is it possible to just disable the clicking of a mouse [via script], but still [allow a human or a script to] move the cursor?

If that interpretation is correct, then MouseMove will not do what vollyman wishes.

I could be wrong...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I interpreted vollyman's request like this:

Is it possible to just disable the clicking of a mouse [via script], but still [allow a human or a script to] move the cursor?

If that interpretation is correct, then MouseMove will not do what vollyman wishes.

I could be wrong...

Hi,

I think could work, but there is still something to improve.

Just a thought.

HotKeySet("{end}", "end")
$destination = "c:\Downloads\Icons\Template.ico"; Just an ico-file
Dim $pos = 0

avoid()

While 1
    avoid()
    Sleep(10)
    SplashOff()
WEnd

Func avoid()
    $pos =MouseGetPos()
    SplashImageOn("", $destination ,1 ,1, $pos[0], $pos[1], 1+16)
EndFunc

Func end()
    SplashOff()
    exit(0)
EndFunc

Hope that helps.

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Maybe you clould search the forum for this one:

DLLCall("user32","int","GetAsyncKeyState","int",$key)

As far as I understood so far, it would be possible to remap the event that is tiggered when clicking a mouse-button to another useless event, while moving the mouse would still be possible. :o

The reason I'm asking the question is this:

I have a script I use to interface with Unicenter ServiceDesk. It works great, but I have several places where I had to disable the mouse and keyboard for a few moments so I won't have a failure. I didn't want to have a call saying the mouse froze while things happened, so I wanted to have it so when I used blockinput, (or something that does things like that command) the mouse could still move, but clicking wouldn't do anything. I wasn't worried about the keyboard part, for normally a user wouldn't complain as much if you couldn't type for a second. A stuck mouse on the otherhand would cause more of a problem.

• Moderators

The reason I'm asking the question is this:

I have a script I use to interface with Unicenter ServiceDesk. It works great, but I have several places where I had to disable the mouse and keyboard for a few moments so I won't have a failure. I didn't want to have a call saying the mouse froze while things happened, so I wanted to have it so when I used blockinput, (or something that does things like that command) the mouse could still move, but clicking wouldn't do anything. I wasn't worried about the keyboard part, for normally a user wouldn't complain as much if you couldn't type for a second. A stuck mouse on the otherhand would cause more of a problem.

You could always just post a Splash screen stating that the Keyboard and Mouse are in operable at the moment while your script is doing it's deed... then a polite... Thank you for your patience... I would think you would never get a call for that... But if something froze my keyboard and my mouse while it was doing something, you could bet your azz I'd be on the phone wanting to meet you in a dark alley some where :o

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well we have to block all input when the install scripts run, otherwise users tend to mess things up if the install can't be silent.

In the cases of the install no being silent there is a couple of things i do, 1 is the splash screen that bounces around the screen at random locations till the script is done.

The other if possible is I use the following in conjunction with block input, which the user sees the mouse moving to different controls/buttons and those being clicked/filled in.

Func _MouseClick($TITLE, $TEXT, $CONTROLID)
   Local $MouseCoordModeBAK = AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 2)
   Local $POS = ControlGetPos($TITLE, $TEXT, $CONTROLID)
   MouseMove($POS[0] + 10, $POS[1] + 10, 4)
   MouseDown("left")
   Sleep(500)
   MouseUp("left")
   AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", $MouseCoordModeBAK)
EndFunc  ;==>_MouseClick

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.