Reg Value Type?

I have a list with registry values in following format:

<regkey> # <regvalue>

f.e.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup # SourcePath

how can i do this:

1) read these values

2) write it to registry on other machine?

I can't use regedit /e, because it exports whole key, i can't write my own reg-file, because i don't know how to determine type of value...

<regkey> # <regvalue>

f.e.

how can i do this:

1) read these values

I can't use regedit /e, because it exports whole key, i can't write my own reg-file, because i don't know how to determine type of value...

Lookup RegRead and RegWrite in the help file.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

lookuped. so what?

Well first thing... If you don't know what values to change / what the values are to change / how to change the values off the RegRead/RegEnum/RegWrite options given in the help file, I'd suggest not playing with someone elses Registry (or your own for that matter).

2nd thing, what do you want? Be specific... Give an example of what the key and value look like before, and what you want it to look like after.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

<regkey> # <regvalue>

Where are these values at? In a txt file perhaps?

What is the # for in this key/valuename?

how can i do this:

1) read these values

Depends on where you are reading them from.

We can help you with this after you answer the other questions.

Where are these values at? In a txt file perhaps?

yes.

What is the # for in this key/valuename?

only delimiter. for splitting string after read, to key and value.

Depends on where you are reading them from.

from the registry. the problem is when i read value, i receive only value, not type. How can i write it to another registry, if i don't know it's type? regwrite() requires type of value, *.reg file format requires it too.

2nd thing, what do you want? Be specific...

I am specific. I have a big list of registry values in a text file. I need to export it from one computer, copy it to a f.e. flash drive, and import it to another. So, after this, on that 2 computers these values must be ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL 8-) Edited by Dirk Diggler

the problem is when i read value, i receive only value, not type. How can i write it to another registry, if i don't know it's type? regwrite() requires type of value, *.reg file format requires it too.

I am specific. I have a big list of registry values in a text file. I need to export it from one computer, copy it to a f.e. flash drive, and import it to another. So, after this, on that 2 computers these values must be ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL 8-)

You may need to use the AutoIt Beta version, as it has support for returning the type of registry value in @extended. This would allow you to read each line from your file, RegRead to find the type of the value, then RegWrite the line (key/value) with the type of value that RegRead returned.

You would need to consider that AutoIt does only support 5 types of registry values, so all values may need to be checked before any writing happens perhaps. The values within your file would need to be written in the correct format also, such as hex rather then decimal etc. It should be an interesting experience for you.