Excel Addition

Okay here is my problem and need some help getting it going. (just a start) first What is UDF. second on my job we set up a nightly schedule and it has most of the same thing in each night.

what we do is look to see what needs to be ran and compile a huge list of what is to be ran. each job can have up to 30 lines in excel.

Question:

How would I compile many differant excel sections into 1 excel sheet.

if you need some examples of what I mean let me know.

I do know how to do check marks and stuff like that but I have never tried to write excel I do need to have some boxs with lines around it.

Please help :o

Thanks again.

Okay here is my problem and need some help getting it going. (just a start) first What is UDF. second on my job we set up a nightly schedule and it has most of the same thing in each night.

what we do is look to see what needs to be ran and compile a huge list of what is to be ran. each job can have up to 30 lines in excel.

Question:

How would I compile many differant excel sections into 1 excel sheet.

if you need some examples of what I mean let me know.

I do know how to do check marks and stuff like that but I have never tried to write excel I do need to have some boxs with lines around it.

Please help :o

Thanks again.

sample data would help.

I'll post some around 7:00 PM PST

that's when i'm out of here, and won't even be home before 10pm; going out for my birthday. Smoke should be on shift by then though i'm sure, and he's more than capable. i'll try to remember to check back in whenever i do get home

that's when i'm out of here, and won't even be home before 10pm; going out for my birthday. Smoke should be on shift by then though i'm sure, and he's more than capable. i'll try to remember to check back in whenever i do get home

Well :o HAPPY BIRTHDAY :geek:

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Here is an example. The file only has 2 examples in it but normally we have about 46 pages worth of these type of instruction. we also add other text that fixs with some of these instructions. it is in a PDF my excel format will not upload but you should get the Idea (I hope) pretty much it will be my schedule creater

example.pdf

If you don't have au3 3.1,current beta, SciTE

DOWNLOAD it/them.

If necessary,

INSTALL it/them.

READ THE BETA HELPFILE, especially wrt

COM/OBJ functions / explanations (this will help you understand a little about what you are trying to do.

Functions ... (This will help you understand what kinds of things you can do.)

Examples... These demonstrate how the syntax operates.

PERUSE the Excel Object Model from MSDN

PERUSE THE FORUMS , in particular, searches like +COM +EXCEL or +OBJ +EXCEL will prove useful.

Using the macro recorder in Excel, examine the code created for clues to properties / methods that have a bearing on what you are trying to accomplish.

You will notice, randallc, myself, and others who have posted various UDFs and snippets that have some bearing an what you are trying to do. EXAMINE these for clues about syntax, as well as properties/methods you have not yet mastered.

EXPERIMENT w/ the sample code, and EXTEND it to accomplish your tasks.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Hi,

I agree;

if you want to try the Excelcom UDF, start with [Link in my signature; install beta/ excelcom.au3 toyour "include" directory as per instructions]

"XLsyntaxshort1.au3"

Then look at XLReadLine (ie from one sheet/ address)

and

XLPasteLine (XLWriteLine not working at present?)(ie to another sheet/ address)

this should get you started.

Best, Randall