Array compared to another array

For $x = 1 To UBound($as_monstertype)
    $monster = $as_monstertype[$x]
    ToolTip("Looking for : " & $monster & " at line " & $a & " Overall progress: " & $x,0,0)
        For $a = 1 To UBound($as_monstertype)
            If $monster = $as_monstertype[$a] Then
                $as_monstertype[$a] = ""
                ToolTip("Looking for : " & $monster & " at line " & $a & " Overall progress: " & $x,0,0)
            EndIf
        Next
Next

This is the problem line "If $monster = $as_monstertype[$a] Then"

I get an error running this, : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

What im trying to do is look if a type of "monster" (in this case) exists more then once in the array, if it was found then it will be removed. In the end you only have 1 type of monster left in the array. Its pretty rough atm i know :o. I just wonder why i get that error when i got thru the For loop just before i got to $a?

Edited by huldu

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

UBound returns the size of the array, the number of the array's last element is one less than that. If $as_monstertype contained 10 elements (0 through 9), UBound would return 10, and the final iteration of the loop would attempt to access $as_monstertype[10] which is a nonexistant location.

I assume you're not storing anything important at $as_monstertype[0] since your loop doesn't access it at all. If you are, you'd want to change that part of the code as well.

Edited by Sokko

Oh... i see what you mean!

Think im gonna skip this part, its really really slow if the array is pretty big :|

Hm maybe would be alot faster if i saved all the "monsters" to a file instead, then checked thru that and removed as duplicates were found.

Edited by huldu

Oh... i see what you mean!

Think im gonna skip this part, its really really slow if the array is pretty big :|

Hm maybe would be alot faster if i saved all the "monsters" to a file instead, then checked thru that and removed as duplicates were found.

the fastest way is probably to use ArrayToString to turn the monster array into a string, then use StrInStr() to determine if your monster is listed in that string...

This should do what you want. I would not write it out to file as it will be quicker in memory. It does not return an array, but creates a new one instead.

This would be a nice little UDF that someone else could finish. :o

#Include<Array.au3>

Dim $SourceArray[10]
Dim $ResultArray

$SourceArray[0] = "a"
$SourceArray[1] = "b"
$SourceArray[2] = "a"
$SourceArray[3] = "c"
$SourceArray[4] = "a"
$SourceArray[5] = "a"
$SourceArray[6] = "c"
$SourceArray[7] = "a"
$SourceArray[8] = "b"
$SourceArray[9] = "a"

; Go through each source index
For $iSourceIndex = 0 To UBound($SourceArray) - 1
;See if it exists in the result Array
    If IsArray($ResultArray) Then
        If _ArraySearch($ResultArray, $SourceArray[$iSourceIndex]) = -1 Then
; Does not exist, so add it
            _ArrayAdd ( $ResultArray, $SourceArray[$iSourceIndex])
        EndIf
    Else
;Not an array, so create it
        $ResultArray = _ArrayCreate($SourceArray[$iSourceIndex])
    EndIf
Next

_ArrayDisplay ( $ResultArray, "Here are all the entries" )
Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Im very impressed!

Your search didnt take more then a second, if that. I had 144 entries.

My array search (up there) took almost 5 minutes. In the end the array was empty too lol (forgot to add the monsters to an array so they didnt delete themself:) )

Edited by huldu

I just read about _ArrayCreate, and it only supports upto 21 elements?. Thats gonna be very bad :o

No. It is only used to create the very first entry. After that, the add function keeps adding, so there will be no limit.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

No. It is only used to create the very first entry. After that, the add function keeps adding, so there will be no limit.

Cool, got a bit worried for a second :o