Getting dlls of a process

Hi everyone,

Just started using AutoIt, it's fantabulous!

Needed a technical help. I am trying to get the list of dlls a running process is using. Also, I need the whole path of the dll. How to do that?

Let me explain a bit more clearly, say I have a process running xyz.exe which uses about 95 dlls (some of which are from it's own directory while some from system directory) while it runs. Using VB.net I could extract the list of those 95 dlls (only their names :o ). With AutoIt, can I get the list as well as the full path of the dll that xyz.exe is using?

Thanx for any help...

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash!

Ok, I made a proggy in VB.net which writes the required details in a text file and then made my script read the contents of the text file.

That's a workaround I achieved. :o

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash!

This is a bit on the clumsy side, but the Sysinternals free utility ListDLLs will do exactly what you're looking for. You can FileInstall it, then run it with output to a text file and parse out the info you need. You can even run it with the -d parameter and give it the name of a DLL and it will return the full path of the DLL.

Unfortunately the source code for this utility isn't posted, but maybe if you write Mark Russinovich (mark@sysinternals.com) and ask nicely, he'd share it with you. Then you could port it to AutoIt, post it here and be a hero! :o

hehe...thanx for this info..I will see what I can do...

Meanwhile I am trying to port that VB proggy, that list dll details, into AutoIt and be hero :o