I probably don't even belong here!

I saw AutoIt linked to by Larry (my memory could be wrong on the name)... the developer of/for AutoIt?

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to use AutoIt as a macro recorder in another program running within WinXP home...

After I select a point on the screen, I need to record one keystroke: the comma key, one mouse movement and right click, a numeric text entry, two tab key strokes and another numeric text entry. I need Autoit to remain open and replay the exact same thing (including the numeric text entries being exctly the same) about 100 times.

In stupid me terms I need a win 3.1 macro recorder... is that possible, and what/where do I find the script...

I am not a programmer... and I have never even played one on TV.

Thanks for any help,

Charlie

I saw AutoIt linked to by Larry (my memory could be wrong on the name)... the developer of/for AutoIt?

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to use AutoIt as a macro recorder in another program running within WinXP home...

After I select a point on the screen, I need to record one keystroke: the comma key, one mouse movement and right click, a numeric text entry, two tab key strokes and another numeric text entry. I need Autoit to remain open and replay the exact same thing (including the numeric text entries being exctly the same) about 100 times.

In stupid me terms I need a win 3.1 macro recorder... is that possible, and what/where do I find the script...

I am not a programmer... and I have never even played one on TV.

Thanks for any help,

Charlie

what is the name of the application you want to control? The name in the blue strip at the top. If it was notepad it would be

Untitled - Notepad

• Moderators

Well hopefully you have AutoIt Installed (both the release and beta), and you can download the Editor that most of us use: SciTe: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

In the Tools area in the editor you'll see an AutoRecorder, see if that helps you.

Edit:

P.S. - There are a few Developers of AutoIt (I won't list them, because I'm afraid I'll leave someone out). Larry is a true AutIt Jedi Master indeed!!, however if you meant the creator of AutoIt, that would be Jon.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

We dont "Make" thing for people

We can help

take a loo at this

I don't expect someone to make something for me. I thought it might have already been made. I will look at your link, thank you!

what is the name of the application you want to control? The name in the blue strip at the top. If it was notepad it would be

Untitled - Notepad

The name of the program is Animation:Master (seems unimportant, but I know nothing) wouldn't a macro recorder record mouse moves clicks and text entries from the time it was turnned on til it was turned off? As I said, I don't know if this will do what I need or not... but I am willing to try and to learn.

Well hopefully you have AutoIt Installed (both the release and beta), and you can download the Editor that most of us use: SciTe: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

In the Tools area in the editor you'll see an AutoRecorder, see if that helps you.

I do not have AutoIt installed yet as I was not certain it would do what I need it to do... but I will do so, and follow your link and instructions.

Thanks for the quick respoonse and pointers, all. I don't want the work done for me... but I am not a programmer... and in the end, it may just be as easy for me to purchase a macro recorder. But that is not to say I won't try... I enjoy learning new things... especially when they will help my productivity.

Thanks again,

Charlie

Thanks for the quick respoonse and pointers, all. I don't want the work done for me... but I am not a programmer... and in the end, it may just be as easy for me to purchase a macro recorder. But that is not to say I won't try... I enjoy learning new things... especially when they will help my productivity.

The question is, do you want to become a programmer? If yes, then this is the place to be and in the end you will surely find a multitude of uses for your new skills. If no, then take a look at the tools that come with SciTE, try and see if they do what you want.

If you decide to start with AutoIt, it will take time and effort to understand that it can do, but it is worth it. Note that there are very few people on the forums that will write a program for you. but if you try, post your code and ask intelligent questions, then there will be many people that will point you in the right direction.

Try this link: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

I think the one posted by Valuater was a mistake.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Can you specify the program that you want to use this in?

Microsoft Excel?

???

#)

The name of the program is Animation:Master (seems unimportant, but I know nothing)

If no, then take a look at the tools that come with SciTE, try and see if they do what you want.

What is SciTE? Do I need it in addition to AutoIt? No, I do not want to become a programmer... I only wish to add a bit of automation to a repetitive task in a program I am using... I would be willing to write script(s) for several such tasks if it will work for my application.

Thanks for your help

Charlie

What is SciTE? Do I need it in addition to AutoIt? No, I do not want to become a programmer... I only wish to add a bit of automation to a repetitive task in a program I am using... I would be willing to write script(s) for several such tasks if it will work for my application.

Thanks for your help

Charlie

SciTE is a text editor with added features for coding AutoIt. It also come with some cool tools, two of which can log user operations and create the AutoIt scripts for use as macros. AutoItMacroGenerator and ScriptWriter are their names.

No, I do not want to become a programmer... I would be willing to write script(s) for several such tasks if it will work for my application.

Okay! AutoIt is more on the programmer end of macros, so if you don't have any background in scripting or programming it may be hard. Try the tools stated earlier and they may do exactly what you want, without learning much else.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.