Can I connect to VM Ware using AutoIT3 I would like to remotely access the program in VM Ware.

Hello Friends,

I request for a solution if any one knows It.

I have a VM Ware Installed on different machine. I would like to remotely access the program in VM Ware. VM Ware has different Operating System say XP. I would like to know using AutoIT3 can I connect to VM Ware and work on XP desktop, If any one hav this Idea and has done it before, please update me. Thanks.

Ravi.

Request is not clear.

Can you try explaining a little?

#)

EDIT: I *know* what is VMWare, so don't bother explaining that.

Edited by nfwu

Sure,

I have VM Ware machine setup in my network. It has XP installed on it. I can login using VNC to the VM Ware machine to use program on XP.

Question is Can I connect to VM Ware using AutoIT scripts and use programs remotly?

Thanks,

Ravi

Request is not clear.

Can you try explaining a little?

#)

EDIT: I *know* what is VMWare, so don't bother explaining that.

I think one of your problems here is that you're controlling the VMware host using VNC. I remember seeing threads saying you can't interact with VNC, you would have to use game tactics, such as pixel color, keystrokes and mouseclicks versus actually interacting with the windows on the remote machine.

Second, I think VMware acts the same way. I don't think you can tap into it and interact with the guest OS's windows as you would those on your desktop. You'd have to interact with it via pixel colors, keystrokes and mouseclicks.

So you're going through two remote control sessions, which can get sticky at times because remote control software is not designed to present other remote control software and can become confused. That said, most of this has been overcome in recent versions of most remote control software, but be aware.

Edit: Why not connect to the guest OS using Terminal Services or install VNC on the guest OS. But again, with either of these, you have to interact with a bitmap image, not the windows directly.

Edit 2: Keep in mind that the guest OS is just another machine on your network as far as your software is concerned. You can use it like you would the host machine, pushing scripts to it and making it run them, etc.

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

What about this:

Define Enviroment:

Computer that wants to control has the client app.

Host Computer has a server app for the controller's client app.

VM OS has a server which starts up when it "boots".

Step-by-step sinario:

1)Controller connects to Host.

2)Host starts-up VM.

3)VM starts-up its server.

4)Controller disconnects from Host.

5)Controller connects to VM.

6)Controller does whatever it likes...

#)

The short answer is yes. The long ansver depends on what you want to do :) .

If you create both programs you could use a XML-RPC approach to your application running on the remote machine.

You could also search for a modified version of VNC whom only transfers the requested applications interface (and not the entier desktop). Its out there so do a google. But you have to remember that you only get a bitmap on the client computer.

Or you could do as I have for some years now. Use Linux on the computer with your keyboard. Linux as your host OS on the computer running vmware. Fire up the vmware session through ssh. Screen response is so much better than any remote comtrol "gui scraper" software like VNC. It's supposed to bee even better if you use OpenNX and NX, rather than X11, for screen transfere. But I have not tried that.

To save my ears I do this right now, using my old (400MHz) lapptop as a screen (thin client terminal). Running 2 vmware windows sessions on the (screeming) computer located in the garage.:mellow:

Regards.