stuff at the top, routine to check if server or workstation

if server then $sorw = 1

create radio $exchange

create radio $outlook

create radio $nonms

guisetstate

^all that works fine

While 1

If $msg = BitOR($exchange, $GUI_CHECKED) AND $sorw <> 1 Then MsgBox(262192, "Q-Backup", "It appears that this computer is not a Server and therefore can not be running Microsoft Exchange. You may have Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express installed and be connected to an Exchange Server. If this is the case or you are unsure please select the first option for Outlook Products.")

Wend

when you click the exchange radio nothing, when you click nonms the bottom one you get the mesage!?

for those of you that didn't worry - dont worry

it works if i specify

case $msg = $exchange

what i want here

I dont understand the bitor stuff or why sometimes that above would work but not others.

the above works for the bottom radio but not any of the others even if you change the var name to match the radio button

anyway whatever i got what i wanted even if i have no idea how!

Consider what this code does:

BitOR($exchange, $GUI_CHECKED)

You are taking a reference to a Radio control (which AutoIt stores as some integer) and are BitOR'ing it with a style (which is some long integer).

This makes no sense.

If you want to determine if a radio is checked, you need to call GuiCtrlGetState(....)

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!