Borderless label.

Can GUICtrlCreateLabel be used without a border?

All I want is a label that displays text without a border of any kind.

Edit: Got it! Seems I have to use $SS_SIMPLE. Doh!

Edited by Peter Hamilton-Scott

• Moderators

Can GUICtrlCreateLabel be used without a border?

All I want is a label that displays text without a border of any kind.

Edit: Got it! Seems I have to use $SS_SIMPLE. Doh!

Good Job! - And especially thanks for posting the solution to your 'own' problem, not many do!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Good Job! - And especially thanks for posting the solution to your 'own' problem, not many do!

All my GUICtrlCreateLabel are borderless by default. I'm not sure why $SS_SIMPLE is necessary.

All my GUICtrlCreateLabel are borderless by default. I'm not sure why $SS_SIMPLE is necessary.

I confirm that $SS_SIMPLE should not be necessary.

Can you post the script which produce this behavior? add the picture and the windows/autoit version you are running with.

Thanks for your cooperation :o

I confirm that $SS_SIMPLE should not be necessary.

Can you post the script which produce this behavior? add the picture and the windows/autoit version you are running with.

Thanks for your cooperation :o

jpm,

I no longer have the original code but being a newbie to AutoIT I'm convinced it was my problem and nothing to do with AutoIT. I guess amongst all the code I was experimenting with I must have messed it up. At this moment, the label works as expected. I think I might have misread the documentation as well.

jpm,

I no longer have the original code but being a newbie to AutoIT I'm convinced it was my problem and nothing to do with AutoIT. I guess amongst all the code I was experimenting with I must have messed it up. At this moment, the label works as expected. I think I might have misread the documentation as well.

Thanks next time to allow efficient support post your script the windows screen if any the version you are running with.

It is always easier to help with this kind of information. Don't assume the answer can be trivial.

Thanks next time to allow efficient support post your script the windows screen if any the version you are running with.

It is always easier to help with this kind of information. Don't assume the answer can be trivial.

I'll do that next time. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.