Google and Yahoo searcher...

cppman

nice script, I was wondering is there a way to have the choice for Safesearch

like a check box to trun it on or off

And can you put the search results from yahoo and google together without sites like dogpile and alltheweb

and one more thing, can you add the choice for IE or FireFox

Edited by zerocool60544

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

And can you put the search results from yahoo and google together without sites like dogpile and alltheweb

cool!

I of course modified it to my liking to use firefox :o

Edited by slightly_abnormal

will do...

• 4 weeks later...

lol. i got rid of it, because i ran out of space on here....

I think i deleted it off my computer though... sorry!

I did'nt think anyone would be in this topic again, since it was way way way towards the back, and it was'nt all that useful...

i guess i could rewrite one, with all the options everyone said...

except im not sure about combining the search engines... well maybe... yeah, i think i could..

Edited by CHRIS95219

• 5 months later...

CHRIS95219,

If you decide to rewrite this script, I have one idea that I feel would be very useful.

In Google you can search for and exact phrase or you can search for a combination of individual words tht can appear anywhere on a single page. But I would like to be able to search for two words that may be separated by five words or less. This would product searches that are more relevant to what you were looking for.

I hope I explained my example enough to understand. This is what it would look like:

Search for words: trees growing

Maximum number of words separating: 5

Seach Results:

Different types of trees can be found growing in the Northwest

Many people have been growing a variety of endangered trees in protected areas.

Of course, anyone else is welcomed to use my idea to create their own search engine script.

I am surprised that Google hasn't incorporated something like this already.

I don't see why they wouldn't try something similar in the future.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

Nice idea, There is no way to do that with advanced search? wow, that would be a great feature

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Nice idea, There is no way to do that with advanced search? wow, that would be a great feature

zerocool60544,

I'm glad you like my idea. :)

I still don't understand why Google, or any other search engine, hasn't tried this.

I'm sure someone else has had a similar idea. It's really not that hard to envision.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs