Deployment?

Im programming in VB.NET and im using the COM dll. Simply including the Interop.AutoItX3Lib.dll that Visual Studio creates is not enough when I deploy this project to another computer.

In order for my app to work I have to do a full install of AutoIT as well.

Is there a way around this? How can I successfully deploy a project that references the AutoIT dll?

Thanks

• Moderators

Im programming in VB.NET and im using the COM dll. Simply including the Interop.AutoItX3Lib.dll that Visual Studio creates is not enough when I deploy this project to another computer.

In order for my app to work I have to do a full install of AutoIT as well.

Is there a way around this? How can I successfully deploy a project that references the AutoIT dll?

Thanks

Are you sure your using functions that work in the AutoIt dll? Then are you sure your deploying the AutoIt dll? Then Are you sure you are calling the functions correctly in the AutoIt dll?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

... this is the Autoit v3 Forums

8)

No kidding? :o MY GOD, I thought I had been coding in VB this whole time!!! :huggles: Call the nurse!!! I'm having a stroke... :geek: I know it's not the AutoItx forum, and other than what I posted, I couldn't tell him anything of benefit anyway :sorcerer:;)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Are you sure your using functions that work in the AutoIt dll? Then are you sure your deploying the AutoIt dll? Then Are you sure you are calling the functions correctly in the AutoIt dll?

Yes, my app works 100% on all computers that have done a full AutoIT install.

But for computers that have not done the full AutoIT install, my app crashes immediately.

I am using Version 3. Or do you mean since Im not programming directly in AutoIT and rather in VB.NET using AutoIT im posting in the wrong area?

• Moderators

I'm curious myself on why you would have to install the entire autoit exe to use the dll... wonder if it has something to do with the 'location' your specifying for it (like if your not installing the dll to the system folder or calling it from there). If you were deploying an autoIt script is the only reason I could see why you would need the entire .exe file...

Wonder if you took out everything but the .dll folder and .dll itself out of the AutoIt folder if it would run lol.

Only the AutoItX3.dll is required. Simply dropping it in the working path is not enough. AutoItX3.dll will need to be registered with the system before it will be available for use (no matter where it resides).