Help with registry changes

Can anyone offer some advice on how to write a script that will change a non-admin's HKCU registry hive without using Runas? I know that when I use runas it loads the admins HKCU registry hive and changes are not made to the user's HKCU hive.

What I am trying to do is run a script that changes a user's IE Home Page and locks it so that it can not be changed.

; Script Start
AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 0);0 = show icon (default), 1 = hide icon.
Break(0);1 = Break is enabled (user can quit) (default), 0 = Break is disabled (user cannot quit).
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page", "REG_SZ","http://www.google.com/")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel", "HomePage", "REG_DWORD", 00000001)
Exit

Thanks! :o

• Moderators

Can anyone offer some advice on how to write a script that will change a non-admin's HKCU registry hive without using Runas? I know that when I use runas it loads the admins HKCU registry hive and changes are not made to the user's HKCU hive.

What I am trying to do is run a script that changes a user's IE Home Page and locks it so that it can not be changed.

; Script Start
AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 0);0 = show icon (default), 1 = hide icon.
Break(0);1 = Break is enabled (user can quit) (default), 0 = Break is disabled (user cannot quit).
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page", "REG_SZ","http://www.google.com/")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel", "HomePage", "REG_DWORD", 00000001)
Exit

Thanks! :o

Not a very ethical request...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Wouldn't it be easier to do this throuh group policy?

Yes, but we are not running AD and my organization what's to change all user's home page to the corporate site and not allow them to change it. This effects roughly 1000 or so PC's in the field.

I was trying to script something so that there were be no user intervention other than clicking on an exe.