Script for Windows Vista ?

Hi there,

Did anyone try AutoIt3 script on Vista yet ? I seems to have problem to do ControlClick either using ControlID or "&Next >". Same program works fine for both WinXP and Win2K.

WinWait($strTitle, $strText)

ControlClick($strTitle, "Next >", 1) or ControlClick($strTitle, "Next >", "&Next >")

Thanks,

u r trying to test this out on vista??? um... vista is available for the Beta and Tech team only right now...... and they are in the BETA state.

?? :o

I have a need to make my C# program and a lot of automation script running on Vista in very short time.

Sure. Current verison is beta 2 build 5308. You can find some info from following website.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/index.htm

I have been tried 3 different script languages - WinBatch, AutoHotKey, and AutoIt3. None of them works in terms of ControlClick() or Buttonclick() or Send() function. Other functions seem work fine.

I know nothing about how the script language compiler works. Does anyone has idea what went wrong ? Does it sound like some function in Windows is not supproted yet ?

Is there any better way to debug this issue ?

Thanks,

Well, IIRC, the GUI now uses DirectX, which might be an issue. I'd look at the publicly available source for AutoIt and check it against the WinFX MSDN code for that (if send/controlsend is in public source), or you might just have to right the code in C yourself

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

VBScript's SendKeys doesn't work either, so I wouldn't be too worried....

Samples http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0125.html

Clarify: Either it's a Vista bug or a change to the API.

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!