Can AutoIt3 program compile to a DLL or LIB file ?

Hi there,

Is it possible to make AutoIt3 program compile to either a DLL or lib file ? I have a lot of functions in include files. If it could compile to DLL/LIB for other progrm use that will be great.

Thanks,

AutoIt scripts, .au3 files, compile into either .exe or .a3x format. You can make DLLs in C++.

If you have include files, and they're in au3 format, and the script you're writing is in au3 format, just #include all of them when you start a new script. Or, if it really bothers you that you have too many includes, combine them into one giant include and include that each time.

AutoIt scripts, .au3 files, compile into either .exe or .a3x format. You can make DLLs in C++.

If you have include files, and they're in au3 format, and the script you're writing is in au3 format, just #include all of them when you start a new script. Or, if it really bothers you that you have too many includes, combine them into one giant include and include that each time.

I have about 100 scripts. Any include file changes, I need to recompile all of the files. Don't think it's a practical solution.

What the .a3x file for ? How can I get some more info ?

.a3x is basically an encrypted script. It cannot be run on its own, because it does not have the full compile code inside it, but it can be run from another compiled script. In other words, it's a more useful way of transferring scripts together as one (no extra bulk) without having to worry about people reading your code.

.a3x is basically an encrypted script. It cannot be run on its own, because it does not have the full compile code inside it, but it can be run from another compiled script. In other words, it's a more useful way of transferring scripts together as one (no extra bulk) without having to worry about people reading your code.

So I can compile my include file to .a3x. Winbatch has the similar function. How can I compile .au3 to .a3x file ? Can my source code just inclucde .a3x file ?

• Moderators

So I can compile my include file to .a3x. Winbatch has the similar function. How can I compile .au3 to .a3x file ? Can my source code just inclucde .a3x file ?

Be sure to note, that these (.a3x) will not run on a machine that does not have AutoIt.exe installed.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Be sure to note, that these (.a3x) will not run on a machine that does not have AutoIt.exe installed.

IF you had several .a3x files and fileinstall() them could you not run them from a single compiled script using Run (@Autoitexe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript MyFile.a3x")

Edited by ChrisL

• Developers

I have about 100 scripts. Any include file changes, I need to recompile all of the files. Don't think it's a practical solution.

What the .a3x file for ? How can I get some more info ?

Whoow... lets re-think what you just said here.

Are you sure you can garantee backward compatibility when upgrading "Included" files ?

Why would old script need to be recompiled ? They are working so why change/"Upgrade" them ?

Look at what normally happens:

- Include files are updated with new functionality using newly introduced functions.

- the Original compiled script has an internal runtime module of the older version.

- in other word: will not support the new functionallity.

So I cannot see how this ever is going to work properly without getting any problems ....

Your only option in my mind is to write a PlugIn with those functions you want...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Whoow... lets re-think what you just said here.

Are you sure you can garantee backward compatibility when upgrading "Included" files ?

Why would old script need to be recompiled ? They are working so why change/"Upgrade" them ?

Look at what normally happens:

- Include files are updated with new functionality using newly introduced functions.

- the Original compiled script has an internal runtime module of the older version.

- in other word: will not support the new functionallity.

So I cannot see how this ever is going to work properly without getting any problems ....

Your only option in my mind is to write a PlugIn with those functions you want...

All of AutoIt script I have is V3. I don't have OLDer version. Secondly, whenever I modify any fucntion in my include file, I don't have to recompile all of my scripts.

I am using Beta V3.1.1.112. Now I can compile the source file to .a3x and have other program to include it. But it faied to run.

• Developers

Now I can compile the source file to .a3x and have other program to include it. But it faied to run.

That is because it is not supported ...... as Valik pointed out in your Idea lab post..

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)