SciTE - Save As

When I use the drop down it hangs a little but you get no choice but a blue highlighted box - you can still type your file name - is there anywhere to force it to *.au3?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Type the filename and .au3 at the end?

I knoew that - 'Pink Panther'

Is it a bug? Or my computer?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

I knoew that - 'Pink Panther'

Is it a bug? Or my computer?

It's your computer 100%... It's not showing your script at all, I'd trash it, and get a new one.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It's your computer 100%... It's not showing your script at all, I'd trash it, and get a new one.

I am thinking the same thing - my work computer will allow me to download *.au3 scripts from the forum - by right clicking and saying save target as - it pulls the file name down. My home computer when I do the same thing it wants to write it as index.txt

Any ideas?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

any way to get scite to write the files to temp instead of having to save them to run.. especially when i copy and paste a script into scite and have to save them, name them an obscure filename "dfdfgsa.au3" I forget what they are.. my computer is full of them..

:o Me too.

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

• Developers

Could somebody in simple terms explain to me how this would work ?

How would SciTE ever know if the Script is opened from the proper source location or from a Temp source location ? Its associated with the au3 extension thus is started when you try to open an au3 file.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Could somebody in simple terms explain to me how this would work ?

How would SciTE ever know if the Script is opened from the proper source location or from a Temp source location ? Its associated with the au3 extension thus is started when you try to open an au3 file.

I think what they are asking is for when you cut and paste the script from a web site to not have to save the file before it is run - SciTE would name it and put it a temp folder/file and then del when done? I think it would be something similar to opening an attachment in an email - it rights a temp file.

Any ideas about my issue.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

I think what they are asking is for when you cut and paste the script from a web site to not have to save the file before it is run - SciTE would name it and put it a temp folder/file and then del when done? I think it would be something similar to opening an attachment in an email - it rights a temp file.

And both operating systems are the same? If so, have you tried to uninstall AutoIt / SciTe and reinstall? If you've done that, are you using any SpyWare/Virus software that could/would interrupt possibly a .au3? If it seems that I'm taking a stab in the dark... I am :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What issue?

If you want a feature added then that is what the Tools dropdown selection is for. This is what I use to start a temp script and if it is worth keeping, then I copy it to a file that I create with a right-click. I have a folder called "tools" which has my feature type of scripts to enhance Scite.

I add this to User Options:

# Tools folder
tools=$(SciteDefaultHome)\tools

# 43 TempScript (Custom)
command.name.43.*=TEMP Script
command.subsystem.43.*=2
command.43.*="$(tools)\TempScript.exe"
command.shortcut.43.*=Alt+S
command.save.before.43.*=0
command.quiet.43.*=1

I modded the above alittle as I do not compile my tool scripts as I use AutoIt3.exe to run them as Au3 files (for ease and save space).

And I have this in a subdirectory of Scite.

; temp script

DirCreate(@TempDir & '\Au3')
$tempfile = _TempFile(@TempDir & '\Au3', 'TEMP_', '.au3', 3)
$scite = @ScriptDir & '\..\Scite.exe'

FileWrite($tempfile, '; Temporary Script  ' & StringReplace($tempfile, @TempDir & '\Au3\', '') & @CRLF & @CRLF)

If FileExists($scite) And FileExists($tempfile) Then
    $tempfile = StringReplace($tempfile, '\', '\\')
    Run('"' & $scite & '" "-open:' & $tempfile & '" "-goto:3"')
EndIf

Exit

Func OnAutoItStart()
    Local $title = @ScriptName & ' Interpreter'
    If WinExists($title) Then Exit
    AutoitWinSetTitle($title)
EndFunc

Func _TempFile($s_DirectoryName = @TempDir, $s_FilePrefix = "~", $s_FileExtension = ".tmp", $i_RandomLength = 7)
    Local $s_TempName
; Check parameters
    If Not FileExists($s_DirectoryName) Then $s_DirectoryName = @TempDir  ; First reset to default temp dir
    If Not FileExists($s_DirectoryName) Then $s_DirectoryName = @ScriptDir; Still wrong then set to Scriptdir
; add trailing \ for directory name
    If StringRight($s_DirectoryName, 1) <> "\" Then $s_DirectoryName = $s_DirectoryName & "\"
    Do
        $s_TempName = ""
        While StringLen($s_TempName) < $i_RandomLength
            $s_TempName = $s_TempName & Chr(Random(97, 122, 1))
        WEnd
        $s_TempName = $s_DirectoryName & $s_FilePrefix & $s_TempName & $s_FileExtension
    Until Not FileExists($s_TempName)
    Return ($s_TempName)
EndFunc

@JdeB, perhaps a consideration of a permanent feature like this could be added. Save alotta junk scripts on the PC. Mine have reduced alot since adopting this idea. Just an idea. :)

This has no reflection on the Save As for what started this thread. You still need to nominate extention for Save As.

• Developers

I don't know why the "Save as type" dropdown box is empty but it seems to be standard behavior of SciTE.

What I do for testing scripts with Cut&Paste is to always open the same file called test.au3.

Just put a shortcut on your desktop and double click it and away you go ......

Or add a tools entry for it like Mhz describes.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

And both operating systems are the same? If so, have you tried to uninstall AutoIt / SciTe and reinstall? If you've done that, are you using any SpyWare/Virus software that could/would interrupt possibly a .au3? If it seems that I'm taking a stab in the dark... I am :)

Both are the same operating system - might not be same SP need to check.

I will do that next I just thought it might be sometype of configuration with SciTE that I was missing.

are you using any SpyWare/Virus software that could/would interrupt possibly a .au3?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory