Listening/inputting for strings

cert

i know u can listen for a certain character to be pressed using HotKeySet(), but i was wondering if there was anyway to input a string without using a message box or something like it. its not i want to make a keylogger... i use autoit to simulate a lot of things in games. one place where i could use this if u are able to do it is this.

in warcraft3 some games the faster u press keys the faster monsters get summoned. so, u hit a hotkey to start the listening, hit the letters u wish to spam, and hit a hotkey again. it will take that string and spam it until i hit some other hotkey again.

so is there anyway to listen and input strings like this?

• Moderators

i know u can listen for a certain character to be pressed using HotKeySet(), but i was wondering if there was anyway to input a string without using a message box or something like it. its not i want to make a keylogger... i use autoit to simulate a lot of things in games. one place where i could use this if u are able to do it is this.

in warcraft3 some games the faster u press keys the faster monsters get summoned. so, u hit a hotkey to start the listening, hit the letters u wish to spam, and hit a hotkey again. it will take that string and spam it until i hit some other hotkey again.

so is there anyway to listen and input strings like this?

1. Help File

2. Send()

3. ControlSend()

4. ControlSetText()

5. _IsPressed()

6. HotKeySet()

7. SendKeyDelay

Edit:

The 'Listen' Makes no sense, unless you mean 'Read', then you can look at:

1. ControlGetText()

2. ControlCommand()

3. ClipPut()

4. ClipGet()

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.