aut2exe (beta release) error when generating file

I have been using beta versions off autoit for some time now to make use of GUI forms - using v3.1.1.111 currently on a PC running Windows XP SP2.

Sinve I started using the beta versions a few months ago I have found when compiling an autoit script (any script) if a custom icon is selected for generated exe aut2exe crashes :

"Aut2Exe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error Signature

AppName: aut2exe.exe AppVer: 3.0.102.0 ModName: aut2exe.exe

ModVer: 3.0.102.0 Offset: 0000332e"

I can compile the same script and use default icons fine.

The compilation works fine - default or specified icon if I replace the aut2exe.exe file from the beta release with the one from the current release version of autoit3 - and the generated exe seems to work ok when executed

• Developers

I have been using beta versions off autoit for some time now to make use of GUI forms - using v3.1.1.111 currently on a PC running Windows XP SP2.

Sinve I started using the beta versions a few months ago I have found when compiling an autoit script (any script) if a custom icon is selected for generated exe aut2exe crashes :

"Aut2Exe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error Signature

AppName: aut2exe.exe AppVer: 3.0.102.0 ModName: aut2exe.exe

ModVer: 3.0.102.0 Offset: 0000332e"

I can compile the same script and use default icons fine.

The compilation works fine - default or specified icon if I replace the aut2exe.exe file from the beta release with the one from the current release version of autoit3 - and the generated exe seems to work ok when executed

Are you running aut2exe manually ?

What are the dates of the files aut2exe and AutoitSC.bin ?

What type of ICON filedo you use ? (can you attach one that creates this problem) ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Are you running aut2exe manually ?

What are the dates of the files aut2exe and AutoitSC.bin ?

What type of ICON filedo you use ? (can you attach one that creates this problem) ?

I have found I get the problem running aut2exe via the GUI interface and the command line

The dates of the files are :

Aut2exe :

version 3.0.102.0

Created : 08 September 2005, 07:52:50

Modified - 04 August 2004, 21:30:38

AutoitSC.bin

version3.1.1.111

Created : 08 September 2005

07:52:50, Modified - 03 March 2006, 18:53:34

I can cause the error using one of the icons supplied with the release version of AutoIt eg:

AutoIt_32x32x256.ico

Created - 08 September 2005, 07:52:50

Modified - 04 September 2003, 12:14:18

Whilst getting all this info I double checked the zip file for the beta autoit versions I have used recently - back to release 93 and can't see aut2exe.exe in any of them.

I think I must have left the old version of aut2exe from the 4 august 2004 release version of autoit in the directory as the version I am having trouble with is v3.0.102.0 whilst the version supplied with the latest release version of autoit which seems to be working and is a later version v3.1.1.0

Looks like I have gotten in a muddle with the files for aut2exe and that was my problem :)

I will recreate my install to confirm all other files are correct versions thus :

delete the current files

extract the latest release version zip into the directory

extract beta files over the top of this

I don't know if you will succeed in using the .zip unless you are very experienced on the installation with it.

I will recommend you install the official release with the setup.exe and the same for the beta. :)

• 2 weeks later...